I've been told that I should try to have our hospital bags packed by 30 weeks just in case these little ones decide to make an early appearance or I get put on hospital bed rest for some reason. So this is where I need your help. What are the must-have items to pack for myself and the babies? Is there anything that you couldn't have lived without while in the hospital? Is there anything that you didn't pack and really wish you would have? I know I'll be having a C-section so what clothing was most comfortable to wear afterwards? I greatly appreciate any input and advice you girls have!
Here's a 27 weeks and 4 days belly pic!










So happy all is going great with you and the twins. Things are moving along so fast!! In terms of what to pack I posted something similar on my blog and got lots of suggestions. Feel free to take a peek for inspiration (it was a July post called Hospital Bag!) good luck packing!!
ReplyDeleteI packed a bunch of comfy clothes - elastic waist pants and t-shirts - but honestly I ended up just wearing my hospital gown the whole time and would put a robe over it when I wanted to move around. With all the bleeding, I didn't want to get my own clothes dirty. Guess you might have a different experience since you are having a c-section.
ReplyDeleteI took my nursing pillow with me and am glad I did. I also used my nursing cover some since there seemed to always be people in the room. I packed a book that I never had a chance to read. Definitely take a camera and a video camera, if you have one. I love my FLIP camera and am SO glad to have it. We use it all the time and it is super simple to use. I also took my baby book so that I could get Emma's footprints stamped into it by a nurse.
That's all I can think of for now. Take all the toiletries that you want because it will feel so good to get a shower! Good luck and happy packing :)
Hmmm...wish I could be more helpful on this one - I'll let you know in a week or so what we actaully used! But here's what we have packed: SNACKS! camera, robe, night gown & gownies, nursing pads, loose fitting going home outfit, SOCKS, nursing pads & pads of the other kind, nursing bras, comfey unmentionables, boppy, all your basic toiletries, and you can't forget the carseat plus going home outfit for the babies + receiving blanket. I've been told to not pack a ton of stuff the babies - the hospital will have anything you need. Hope that helps some...BTW you're latest belly pic is the cutest!
ReplyDeleteJust for delivery stay, not much. You just have to lug it home later. But, the things I remember really needing were chapstick, cell phone charger, camera, one outfit to go home (you will get blood on everything, so I wouldn't pack much clothing for you), the babies going home outfit, your own pillow, two nursing bras, and a few basic showering items.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I did with Ella was that I bought a special new lotion to use in the hospital. Now, anytime I smell that scent, it reminds me of that day. Just a thought.
Now if you end up on bedrest, I'm the pro and can give you a different list!! But, we're just going to think positive for you!
Very exciting. I don't know why I get all jazzed about the idea of a hospital bag, but it's got to be a little exciting that you could be thinking about that soon!
ReplyDeleteI know the one thing that will be on my list will be my ipod, dock station and ear buds. Just in case I have a moment where I need something other than everyone talking to me! Plus, music does something to me that know one can do...
You look great!
You look great!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted this... I am about to start packing my bags and this was helpful!
I also had my hospital bag packed early. I was on bedrest and delivered my twins at 33 weeks. My hospital provided everything I needed. They had high quality soaps and shampoos. Unless you are very particular, I would just use what is there. It will save tons of space. I took several elastic two piece pj outfits. There were cheap and it didn't matter if they got ruined. They were super comfortable and I was glad to having them. Pack your nursing tanks or bras if needed, camera, charger, Flip camera, babies' outfits, computer, glasses, contacts and solution, socks and pillows. Also, take a notebook so you can document anything you want to remember. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCan't help you with what to pack, but I can tell you how adorable you look! Too cute! Wow, time is flying! Those precious miracles will be here before we know it!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo
Love you~Michelle
You look amazing! So gorgeous :) Glad that everything is going well. As far as hospital packing - since I was on bedrest, I sent C out to buy lots of cute comfy nursing-friendly clothes for the hospital stay. And then, I didn't wear a single thing other than the hospital gown and the ever-so-lovely mesh panties. ;) But it was nice to have the option!
ReplyDeleteI'd definitely recommend packing some chapstick and lotion, as others have said, and of course the necessary cameras, phones, chargers, etc. I brought my own pillow, with a bright pillowcase (so I would remember it was mine and not the hospital's when we left). I also brought my own toiletries because I don't like the hospital stuff. I'd also recommend bringing some sort of slippers or comfy shoes to wear when you're not in bed. Also - if your hospital is anything like mine - bring FOOD!! It's good to have some snacks on hand. :)