We had a wonderful first Christmas with Logan and Paige! I still cannot believe that it has already come and gone. I remember this time last year. We were just recently coming off of our second failed IVF cycle and were so desperate for the new year to start. I remember telling Chris at the end of 2009 that we WOULD be parents in 2010. I didn't know when or how, but I just decided to make up my mind that it would happen. Not that I had any control over it whatsoever, but it helped for me to try to stay focused and positive. We hosted both of our families at our house for a Christmas Eve dinner last year and as we sat down to eat Chris said that we hoped to have another chair around the table at Christmas this year. Little did we know that it would be TWO extra chairs at the table!! We are so incredibly blessed and I cannot believe how wonderful 2010 has been. I was SO ready for 2009 to be a distant memory and now I find myself a little sad that 2010 is almost over. So many wonderful things have happened this year. I know that 2011 will be a wonderful year of many "firsts" for Logan and Paige and I am really excited about that. We stayed home for Christmas this year. We went to the early Christmas Eve service at our church. It was incredible. My favorite part, as always, is at the end when we all light our candles and sing "Silent Night". This year that part was just a little bit sweeter as Chris and I stood there with our sweet babies. After the service we headed over to Chris' sister's house for dinner. We had a great time hanging out with family and watching Logan and Paige's cousin, Addison, decorate cookies for Santa. When we got home, we put cookies and milk out for Santa and read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" before we went to bed. On Christmas morning we fed the babies and then opened their stockings and gifts. We had a great time letting them see their gifts. They didn't have a clue about what was going on but it was a lot of fun for Chris and me! Later that morning we headed over to Chris' parents house for Christmas dinner and to open more presents. We had a great day!
Here are some pictures from Christmas!
One of daddy's presents!

Christmas Day

Opening stockings Christmas morning

Leaving cookies and milk for Santa

Christmas Eve

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm so glad you had such a great Christmas! 2011 will be even better than 2010 for you as Paige and Logan grow into their personalities and interact with you more and more.
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful in your Christmas Eve picture!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures. You are such a beautiful family....you look amazing! So happy for you!
ReplyDelete