We had our follow up appointment with Dr. G today. Overall, I think it went pretty well. I started a new cycle yesterday so we will be taking this month off and then I will start the birth control in September with my new cycle. I'll be on those for about 2-3 weeks and then we'll start the injections. The protocol will be the same as last time. The only thing that Dr. G will change is the dosage of Follis.tim. He'll start me out at 450 instead of 300. Apparently, my ovaries are not as sensitive as they would have expected.
Dr. G obviously can't give us any guarantees but he did say that he feels confident that we'll get pregnant, it's just a matter of how many cycles it will take to get there. I wish the odds increased with each IVF cycle you have to endure, but it doesn't work that way. I also wish that there was a magic pill you could take to ensure that you won't have a miscarriage once you finally do get your miracle. I've read too many blogs over the last week or so where couples have struggled with infertility, have finally been blessed with their miracle, and then it all gets taken away in an instant. It's just not fair. Infertility robs couples of ever being able to let their guard down and completely enjoy the pregnancy.
My boss told me to try really hard not to invest too many emotions into any one phase of the IVF cycle. You have to be cautiously optimistic. I'm going to try to remember that for this next cycle. I'm also going to look into accupuncture this time around. I would have tried it last time but I didn't know that much about it and you're supposed to start having treatments at least a month in advance of your IVF cycle. We'll see how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I hope the increased Follistim works!
ReplyDeleteI've heard a lot of great things about acupuncture so I would recommend it. :) Good luck!
I really hope that this will be YOUR cycle. And it is just so unfair - people having a miscarriage after IF. I've read other people who got pregnant naturally, miscarried and then say, Ok, guess we'll just try again. While my heart breaks for their loss, I can't help but be frustrated. If I lose a baby, that's another $15,000, millions of shots, and tons of pain I"m looking at. Anyways, just had to vent! I'm keeping you in my prayers ;)
ReplyDeleteIf you find that miracle pill, send some over my way! Hope IVF #2 is the one!
ReplyDeleteHope IVF #2 brings you your miracle!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you are moving forward right away. I think the best way to beat infertility is to be aggressive. It's helps with sanity too. I always wanted to go for the next step right away so I could feel a sense of peace knowing we were doing everything we could possibly do. I'm so hopeful for you! I wish you the best and I'm looking forward to following your upcoming cycle! Hugs! :)
ReplyDeleteCourtney ~
ReplyDeleteI want to sincerely apologize for not stopping by to offer my support when you found out about your BFN. =( Somehow, I thought I had your blog on my Google Reader, and I just discovered yesterday that it was *not* included.
I know it's been said by many others, but I'm so, so sorry that this cycle didn't work out for you. I know the news must have devastated you.
I'm glad to see that you already have an action plan for IVF #2! For now, go easy on yourself and try to get some much needed rest. You're in my thoughts!
I hope the increased Follistim works for you. And I really do agree with the miscarraige thing. I think once IF hits, you tend to stay afraid from them on...
ReplyDeleteKeeping all fingers crossed that IVF 2 is THE one for you and that you're holding your little miracle in your arms sooner rather than later.
ReplyDeleteICLW
I hope the month off between cycles helps you regroup and that accupuncture makes the difference for IVF#2!
ReplyDeleteICLW
I agree! Once you find that pill pls send my way.
ReplyDeleteCould you also work on one that turns all inferts into fertile goddesses??
Wouldn't that be great?
~ICLW
Hope the rainbow is there at the end of this cycle...I think you have a sensible boss.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!
ICLW