Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Prayers Please

I want to ask all of you to please spare a few prayers today for two very special people. Our pastor's wife, Laura, has cancer and she is having surgery today to remove the tumor and surrounding lymph nodes that were affected. Laura is such an amazing woman and we just love her! She has kept such a positive attitude this whole time and has held tight to her faith. She is truly an inspiration to everyone! If you want to, you can check out her blog. Please pray that the surgeons are able to remove ALL the cancer, that there aren't any complications and that she has a great recovery and prognosis from the pathology reports. Please also pray for her husband and their three kids as this is a scary time for them as well.

I also ask that you please pray for my bosses' wife and mother, Jill. Jill was diagnosed with ovarian cancer this time last year and went through an extensive surgery and rigorous chemo treatment in order to fight the cancer. She has been doing really well up until last week. On Thursday she was admitted to the hospital because of severe abdominal pains that would not go away. I just found out this morning that her oncologist thinks it might be cancer again. Please pray for her and the family. She is still in the hospital and is undergoing more tests this week. They are like family to me and it breaks my heart that they potentially have to go down this scary road again.

Thanks to all of you! The power of prayer is amazing!!

10 comments:

  1. They are in our prayers...

    Whenever someone I know goes in for this type of surgery, I remember something a wise preacher once told me. He said "don't ever pray that the doctors don't find anything more. Because we want them to find all there is. Instead, pray that May the doctors find all that there is to find, and may there be nothing more for them to find.

    That has always stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add them to my list- you are still on it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of prayers their way!

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers for both people. And, praying your next cycle with your RE is much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayer is amazing and God is good.

    I also wanted to comment on your suggestions for Vegas on my blog - I totally have that bakery on my list - in fact, it is the only place on my list! I'll think of you while enjoying the souffle! Maybe I'll have to eat 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughts and prayers for Laura and Jill, and to wipe out cancer from the lives of so many on our prayer lists.

    :: ICLW ::

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayer is a wonderful gift. Consider the prayers said...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only seen your post now, I hope you can update soon with good news. They will be in my prayers. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete