Just kidding! But we do have 8 little embryos growing in the lab right now! I called Dr. G's office this morning for the fertilization report and was told three times by the nurse that we had 17. My first question was, "17 what?" She said, "They're watching 17." I specifically asked her if that meant that we had 17 fertilized embryos and she said "Yes", three times. Now, I knew that this sounded way too high but I called Chris anyway to share the good news. I decided to call back one more time and make sure that she had read the report correctly. You see, we already know that this nurse is not the brightest star in the sky and we usually end up questioning everything she tells us. Well, I was right. She agreed to call down to the lab and speak directly with the embryologist. When she got back on the phone it was a different story. What we have is 8 fertilized embryos, but there are a total of 17 eggs that they're watching. Apparently, 17 of my 24 eggs were mature enough to use and of those 17, 8 have actually fertilized. They will continue to watch the other 9 today to see if they make it to fertilization too.
As of now, we are scheduled to transfer two embryos next Tuesday. This is two more embryos than last time so we are really happy with the results! Please pray that our 8 little embryos continue to divide and develop over the next several days. Please pray that we have two, excellent quality blastocysts to transfer on Tuesday. That's it for now!
Happy Halloween!!!!










Great news on the 8 (and loved your title, btw!)! Praying for two beautiful embryos for your transfer.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed! 8 is a wonderful number. I can't wait to hear ur update on Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteSuper news- I'll be praying for your little embabies!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your embryos! Wishing you the best on Tuesday :)
ReplyDeleteI know you were kidding about the +8 part, but how about "Courtney and Chris plus 6" ! W/o the reality show and drama please! :O)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys and praying for my little embynieces and embynephews!
:O) h
Oh this post made me smile! I am so happy that you have such wonderful news. I'm thinking of you!
ReplyDelete8 is an awesome number! You should be so happy!
ReplyDelete