The holiday season has definitely been different this year. Infertility sure does have a way of putting a damper on things, but so far we haven't let it steal our Christmas joy. I know that we're going through this journey for a reason and hopefully one day soon we'll be able to say that it was all worth it. One positive thing out of all of this is that this situation has really strengthened my faith and brough me even closer to God. I've always felt like I had a good relationship with God, but infertility has brought things to a whole different level. Chris and I have both had to learn to give up the control and to just have faith and walk this path that God has set out before us. It's a lessen that we're still learning everyday.
I've been thinking a lot over the last several weeks about the birth of Jesus and the incredible gift that He gave to all of us. This has really helped me to keep the Christmas joy this year. Putting up our decorations and shopping for Christmas presents is a lot of fun, but I've still struggled throughout those activities this year. I can't help but think how much more fun those things would be if we had a little one to share them with. One thing that infertility cannot hinder, though, is the excitement I feel over celebrating His birth! My family will be here this year and my sister wanted to carry on a tradition that they started with my niece. We will be having a Happy Birthday Jesus cake! How cute is that!?
I want to say congratulations to my bloggy friends who have recently found out that they are pregnant! I also want those of you who have recently experienced losses to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. I can't even begin to imagine the hurt that you are feeling right now. For all of you that are still waiting for your miracles, I hope that we are all celebrating Christmas with precious little bundles next year!









I've always wanted to do a Happy Birthday Jesus cake! I can't wait until we have a little one to do it with! :)
ReplyDeleteGod doesn't take us through storms for no reason. And sometimes we only find out that reason when we are on the other side. But I thank God for my infertility (I know that sounds weird) because it is that very storm that brought me both closer to my husband and closer to God. I would never have gotten to that point without the storm. So in the end, I believe infertility was actually a blessing (that probably sounds really weird to most people but it is the truth). Merry Christmas to you and Happy Birthday, Jesus! I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you are in a GREAT place and that makes me so happy. I hope you continue to enjoy your holiday season, and I also believe that one day we will all look back and be able to see how God's plan played out and be thankful for the things we learned from IF. It sure does make us strong, because it's so hard.
ReplyDeleteit is very nice to see how much faith someone has.
ReplyDeletei am not as close to God as i want to be, and have been working on it a lot lately, i have a lot of faith it's just hard to show it at times.
i hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
ICLW hugs!