I just cannot seem to keep up with blogging lately despite all my great intentions. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back into the swing of things now that I have a little of my energy back. I am so happy and relieved to be in my second trimester! Woohoo! I feel like I've hit a major milestone with this pregnancy. We are still taking it day by day and enjoying every minute of this special time!
I had to make an unexpected trip to my OB last Friday. For a few days I had been feeling some dull pressure around my tailbone area and it would occasionally radiate to other parts down there as well. I was also having a lot of discomfort in my lower back and some mild cramping. I had a feeling that this was all just part of my body adjusting and stretching to accomodate these two growing babies but I called the nurse just to make sure. She talked to one of the doctors in the office that morning (my OB was busy delivering babies) and they decided that they wanted me to come in. Needless to say this sent me into an instant state of panic. I knew that they were just wanting to be cautious and check everything out, but I still couldn't shake the fear that maybe something might be wrong afterall.
Chris met me at the OB's office and once we were taken back the nurse immediately pulled out the doppler to find the heartbeats. Thankfully we were able to hear both heartbeats and they were nice and strong. The doctor decided that she wanted me to have an ultrasound to check my cervix instead of having a physical exam. Thankfully everything came back fine there too. She said that my cervix looked perfect. Whew! So, they decided that it was indeed just "growing pains" and that the babies and my cervix were just as they should be. This was such a relief!
After the sonographer checked my cervix she did an abdominal ultrasound to check the babies. Chris was able to see Baby A kicking at Baby B! She was able to get some really great profile shots of both babies and then we got quite a surprise. She was able to show us what they are! This isn't 100%, but she's pretty sure that Baby A is a boy and Baby B is a girl!!!! She printed out the still pictures of their little tushies and it's pretty apparent that Baby A has plumbing that Baby B does not have. :-) We were both SO excited! This unexpected trip to the OB that had caused us panic and fear turned into an appointment full of joy and excitement.
I'll have to update and post the pictures tonight because I'm writing this from work. Shame on me! The bump has definitely gotten bigger and other things are growing out of control too. :-) I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!










Great News! I experienced round ligament pain early on, too...but I'd expect yours to be ALOT worse with 2 babies! Take it SLOW when standing up! And its so exciting that you got a sneak peek at the sex...it is really early and they probably won't confirm 100% for a few more weeks (we got a sneak peak at 15w, but they wouldn't confirm until 19w), but its great having an idea for sure! Time to start baby shopping!!!!
ReplyDeleteAw so happy for you! Congrats on your little girl and little boy :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you and those little ones are doing well!! Congrats on the gender reveal and hope it's confirmed with the same results at a later time!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited! If the results are the same in a few weeks then YOU GUESSED RIGHT!!!! Guess it was just a mother's instinct, huh? Lol! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your scare turned out great with earlier than you thought news! I was pretty sure you'd have one of each, b/c that's what you thought in the beginning. :) From experience- you can't get a more perfect situation than that! You're going to love it!
ReplyDelete