Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Holy Hormones!

Wow, let me just say there is NO way to prepare yourself for the "crazies" that come along with being pregnant. My hormonal mood swings have been in full force these past two weekends and unfortunately my poor husband has been on the receiving end. The least little thing will irritate me and soon after I will find myself in the midst of a crying fit that lasts for at least 10 minutes. The first one happened in the church parking lot two Sundays ago and this past Saturday we experienced episode #2. These hormones are out of control!

Other than that, not much else has been going on. The belly continues to grow by the day and feels tight a lot. I can tell when my skin is stretching because it starts feeling super tight and I feel itchy all across my belly. I have a great body butter that I'm using but I've been really bad about forgetting to put it on at night before I go to bed. I feel the little ones move every now and then. I am SO ready to feel them all the time. I also can't wait for Chris to be able to feel them move too. Sometimes I'll try to eat or drink something that has some extra sugar in it just to see if I can persuade them to wiggle some more. Sometimes they cooperate and sometimes they're stubborn. I was really hoping the stubborn gene wouldn't find these two munchkins, but it looks like it already has. :-)

Yesterday I attended and hosted the first baby shower since we got pregnant. I was so grateful to be able to just enjoy the shower yesterday and not have to deal with all the anxiety and emotions from infertility. There were several other prego girls there too, so it was really nice to be able to chat with them and FINALLY belong to their group. Now I can't wait for our baby showers! They will both be at the end of July and I am SO excited. This time last year I thought I would never get to have a baby shower. Everyday I thank God for these two miracles and all the blessings He's given us. It still seems so surreal at times. I have a feeling that it may not actually sink in 100% that this is really happening until Chris and I are holding these babies in our arms. What an incredible day that will be!

I don't have any other updates, but I will try to post a few new belly pics. I may even get brave and let Chris take a bare belly pic within the next few weeks. We'll see. :-) I hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I was so there with you on the emotional outbursts a few months ago. For me it has gotten better. Maybe it will for you too. If not, you have a good excuse!

    Glad to hear everything else is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I am an angry mess now that I'm in the 3rd tri!! My husband calls me Jerry Springer due to my crazy raging moments, or his other favorite is Old Yeller. I hope your emotional roller coaster calms down and it doesn't get any worse as your pregnancy continues. How exciting for the baby showers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you! The last few weeks have been so up and down emotionally. Glad you had fun at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BELLY PIC! BELLY PIC! BELLY PIC!

    ReplyDelete