Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

24 Weeks and 2 Days

I am 24 weeks and 2 days! Yay! I was so excited to finally reach the viability stage for these babies. Now, we of course do not want these little ones making an appearance ANY time soon, but it's just nice to know that we made it to our first milestone. :-)

I had an appointment with my OB on Wednesday. She said that everything looked great and I'm now measuring at 30 weeks! She's letting me have one more 4 week appointment and then I'll start seeing her every 2 weeks. God has truly blessed me with such a wonderful, healthy pregnancy so far and I am loving every minute of this pregnancy. As we were sitting in the waiting room on Wednesday Paige started kicking a lot. Chris put his hand on my belly to feel and she let loose with the biggest kick I had felt! She pretty much kicked his hand off my belly! It was so neat to feel and I love that Chris got to experience that.

Last nigth I was laying on the couch and our cat, Charlie, came to cuddle with me. He layed down to where he was facing me and his back feet were up against the bottom of my belly where Logan is. All of a sudden Logan started kicking Charlie's feet! Charlie lifted his head, kinda looked around and started twitching his feet and pushing back. Then Logan would kick him again and Charlie would twitch and push back again. They went on like this for several minutes. It was so funny! Poor Charlie has no idea that this is just the beginning of the torture that he will endure from these babies! Ha!

My first baby shower is this weekend! I'm so excited!!! I thought I might never get to experience my own baby shower so it feels surreal to think that I'll be attending my own shower and not someone else's. My bosses threw me a wonderful shower at work this past week. It was so nice and so much fun! They really went above and beyond and I am so grateful for their generosity. :-) I hope everyone has a wonerful weekend! I'll post pics of my shower after Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Yea for Vday!! What an exciting day! What a cute story about Logan kicking Charlie. I love it! Will keep praying for those two babies of yours to stay put and grow, grow, grow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on viability!! You're doing a great job Mama and those little ones will be growing big and strong in there for a while longer. Enjoy your shower!! I love the Logan and Charlie story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time today! I soooo wish I could be there. :( Miss and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Courtney! Your maternity pics were so incredibly beautiful. You definitely have that happy glow in your face and sparkle in your eyes that only mommies have! I am so happy for you! I'm going to steal your idea of a white tank with turquiose beads...I just loved that!
    Yay for making it to 24 weeks! I can't wait for a few more days for me to say the same thing. I look forward to seeing pictures from your shower. I was going to send you something, but I guess it will have to be late!
    Enjoy this special moment and your very first shower!!!
    BIG hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Viability Day! I'm predicting you'll go to 38 weeks, though! :)

    I think you should take a video of the babies kicking Charlie. I have a video of a remote bouncing around on my belly- and I am so thankful I captured the kicks in more than just my memory. I think that was the best part of being pregnant. I miss those kicks- especially when Sam and Anna would get each other going!

    Can't wait to see shower pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for making it to 24 weeks! (well you are 25 now - I am a little behind!) That is so awesome!

    Hope you had a wonderful shower!

    ReplyDelete