Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Amazing Weekend

We had a great weekend! It started off on Saturday with our maternity photo shoot. We decided to take them now for several reasons: we don't know if I'll get put on bed rest at some point, we don't know if these babies might decide to come early, and I didn't want to take pictures and be really huge and swollen. We had so much fun at our shoot! It almost got rained out but thankfully the downpour held off for us. Kristy Owens is an AMAZING photographer who just happens to attend our church! We found each other through the blog world last year and she has been so sweet to follow along on our journey and pray for us. I was so excited that we could have someone who had followed our journey take these special pictures for us. We will treasure these pictures forever. You can take a sneak peek at some of our photos by clicking here. If you don't mind we would love for you to please leave a comment on the blog post. If we get 10 comments we get a free 8x10!! Help us out!

The funny thing about Saturday is that it started off TERRIBLY. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to get my eyebrows waxed the day of the photo shoot. BIG mistake. The pregnancy hormones have apparently made my skin extra sensitive. The wax ended up burning my skin and my eyebrow area turned bright pink and became swollen. Fantastic! Next I headed off to have my hair cut and fixed for the photos. I went to a salon that I hadn't been to in several years because I didn't want to drive all over town to get my hair done and then have my makeup done. So I went to the mall and this became mistake #2. The haircut itself was fine, but she didn't fix my hair. I could have done a better job at home by myself. I was so upset and angry. I left the salon and immediately called Chris. I then became the pregnant woman standing in the middle of the mall crying on the phone. Oh yes, I did. I ended the primping by going to the MA.C makeup counter in Ma.cy's to have my makeup done. Thankfully this turned out great. Whew! If it hadn't I don't know what I would have done. :-) It all ended up being perfect in the end but my doctor probably wouldn't have been happy about my stress level or blood pressure while all of this was going on.

Now onto Sunday. We had a great time at church, followed by a yummy lunch at Pappasit.os and then we ended at our maternity tour at our hospital. Our tour was awesome. We were the only couple having multiples so the nurse told us to stick around after the tour was over and she would take us up to the NICU and show us around. That one on one time with her was awesome. She was able to give us so much information and answered all of our questions. She was so nice too! She spent almost an hour with us up there and we just couldn't thank her enough. Thanks again, Lisa!

Last but not least, we had our second appointment with the specialist this morning. We were so excited to see our sweet babies again! Logan was pretty cooperative with allowing them to get his measurements but then got stubborn when she tried to get some 4D pics. Our precious little Paige was just a little toot from the get go. She was apparently enjoying her beauty sleep and did NOT want to participate today. She just curled her little self up in a ball, face down and would not move. I think she's going to be stubborn like her mommy. Yikes! The doctor said that they both look perfect and we will go back again in 3 weeks. Both babies are weighing about 1 lb 7 oz now. Yay! Here are some photos from today.

Paige's profile


Logan's profile


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am SO glad we got to do the shoot...I would have felt awful after reading this! :) lol. P.S. I JUST finished uploading to your gallery! Hope you love them as much as I do, and I am about to send you a FB message with all of the details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...look at those sweet babies! The pictures are AMAZING! You are so beautiful. I just left a comment. Hope you get your free picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous weekend!! I love the maternity shoot and made sure to comment for you. I hope you get your 8x10! You look amazing, seriously, you're carrying twins so well!

    Isn't it so fun to check off each little thing on our lists?! There's so much to do to get ready but time is flying by and it helps a ton to have a huge list of things to check off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The babes are looking amazing! You're just moving right along!!! Regarding the public meltdowns - don't sweat it! I think every pregnant woman has their fair share - it just comes with the territory and it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Just think at about this time next year it will be your little ones having those very public meltdowns! How exciting will that be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already have 12 comments over there so I'll just write here. The pics are great! Your makeup looks great, good idea to have it done! And of course your babies look fantastic and I'm so glad to hear they are doing well. :) Keep up the good incubation work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are fanastic! You are in the home stretch now- it won't be long before you get to see those little ones up close and not just on a u/s screen!

    ReplyDelete