I took the 3 hour glucose test yesterday. YUCK!!! I was miserable all morning. I was so nauseous and light-headed the whole time. Chris was so sweet. He came and sat with me for the last hour and then we went to lunch afterwards...at Olive Garden. :-) I figured, what the heck, why not have one last scrumptious meal just in case I ended up failing the test. Speaking of failing the test that is exactly what happened. As the nurse said today "you failed the test pretty significantly". Superb! If I'm going to do something I might as well do it all the way! Apparently I passed the first blood draw, failed the second blood draw by one point and then completely blew the third blood draw out of the water with a big.fat.fail. I officially have gest.ational diab.etes. :-(
I now have to wait for the diabe.tes center to call me tomorrow to schedule an appointment ASAP. I will meet with a nutritionist and they will develop a meal plan for me and I will be taught how to monitor my blood sugar throughout the day. I know this is not the end of the world but I'm still really bummed. I think the unknown of this whole condition is what's bothering me, plus the related complications that can develop for me and the babies after delivery. I'm worried that I won't be able to get enough calories on my new meal plan to continue to feed the babies properly. I'm just so ready to have this appointment and find out exactly what all this is going to entail.
So, a small, fairly minor bump in the road. Tonight I will continue to be bummed, but tomorrow I'll put my big girl pants back on and move forward. :-) Thank goodness the weekend is almost here!










I'm so sorry Courtney. I know you're probably bummed but don't be too hard on yourself. You're still a perfect home for the babies and things are going to be just fine!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry. You're doing a great job and that will no doubt continue!! Good luck with the new meal plan and keep up the excellent work Mama!!
ReplyDeleteI know it must be frustrating, but you are almost there! Those babies are lucky to have a momma who is working so hard to take care of them!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about the gestational diabetes. I hope meeting with the nutritionist helps to ease the unknown.
ReplyDeleteShoot! I was really hoping that you'd pass this time around. But like you said a fairly minor bump. I'm sure the nutritionist will be able to craft a plan for you around exactly what your little peanuts need to grow and thrive. And btw, I LOVE Olive Garden :)
ReplyDelete