Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

What's been going on around here...

We had a great week last week! We took Logan and Paige to the pediatrician last Tuesday for a follow up visit and they both had great weights. Logan weighed 5 lbs 6 oz and Paige weighed 6 lbs 3 oz!!! While we were there, our pediatrician FINALLY received a call back from the cardiologist that we'll be seeing on Friday. She left a really comforting message. Her message said that Logan's heart function is completely normal and for our pediatrician to tell us not to be concerned. She said it looks like it's just something we'll need to follow. Praise God!!!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy and relieved we were to hear this. On top of that, I was able to speak to a client from work who happens to be one of the head doctors in the cardiology department at Tex.as Child.rens on Wednesday evening. He had actually been one of the doctors to look at Logan's holter monitoring from when he was in the hospital that week. He also looked at Logan's EKG from two weeks ago. He told me that he agrees that Logan's heart function is completely normal and that he believes there is no reason for us to lose any sleep at night. He said that we'll probably just need to follow up in 3-4 months with another echocardiogram to make sure that things haven't gotten worse, but that he serioulsy doubts that would be the case since Logan's heart function is normal. He knows the specialist that we'll be seeing on Friday and he spoke very highly of her. According to him we'll be in great hands with her. Woohoo!!!!!!

On Thursday I said goodbye to my twenties as I turned the big 3-0. I had a great birthday and I couldn't imagine a better 30th birthday present than the two precious babies that God has given me!!! Chris did such a great job making my birthday special. I have the best husband...and he's a pretty awesome daddy too! :-) My mom also came into town on Thursday to help out for a few days. It was great to have help with the laundry and washing bottles. I already dislike washing bottles! We enjoyed celebrating my birthday that night just the five of us and then we had a great time celebrating with Chris' family on Friday night. My birthday celebration just kept going!

Thank you all again for all the prayers and well wishes for Logan! I'll update everyone as to what the specialist tells us on Friday. I'm so anxious to find out exactly what is going on and where we go from here. Keep the prayers coming!

Here is a pic of Logan and Paige enjoying their boppys!





9 comments:

  1. I am glad that were able to give you a little piece of mind.

    Happy belated bday! Baby C loves her boppy also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo glad Logan's heart functions look normal!! You have two beatiful little babies there Mama!! I'm right there with you with the bottle washing hatred. >:( Although you have twice the bottles to wash probably so I feel for ya!! I just started looking into the Drop Ins for our vacations and now I'm afraid I'll love the fact that there's hardly anything to wash and want to use them everyday!! Sounds like your little ones are thriving!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am SOOOO happy that Logans heart is healthy! My Logan has a heart murmur and we just have to keep an eye on it too. Nothing serious. Praise God your babies are happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise GOD for the great news!!! I have been thinking about you daily and wondering when you were going to the cardiologist. That is fantastic!!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news! I hope the good news about his heart keeps coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad the news is good!!

    Belated congrats on the big 3-0.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for Logan!! And happy birthday to you my friend. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news, Courtney! Precious babies! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great news! I know how much that must make you breathe a big sigh of relief. Anna's CHD is just being monitored now- we don't have to go back until she is 18 months old. I hope monitoring is all Logan needs, too!

    ReplyDelete