Before you have kids, no one really warns you about the need to really enjoy and soak in EVERY LITTLE THING because you never know when the last time you do something with them will truly be the last time. I experienced another "last time" this week. This time I knew it was coming and I prepared myself as best as I could. I have been feeding Paige and Logan both formula and breastmilk since they were about 6 or 7 days old. I had to start formula sooner than I had hoped to because of Logan's week long hospital stay back in October. Unfortunately, my supply has just continued to decrease as each month has gone by. With Logan and Paige now eating 6-8 ounces every bottle I knew that it was time for me to say goodbye to pumping. I feel like I gave them all that I could...literally. The girls just flat out do not work anymore. :-( So, I decided to nurse Logan just one last time Wednesday night (Paige won't have anything to do with nursing anymore) and I just sat there and soaked in the moment with him. A moment that I will probably never experience again. It was very emotional for me. I still remember the first time I nursed each of them the night they were born. It was such a special bonding time with them and I will always treasure those quiet moments that we had together just the two of us.
I know that I did the best I could and I'm very happy that I was able to give them at least some breastmilk for the first 5 1/2 months of their lives. Soon they will be eating solids and before I know it they'll be holding their own bottles and not needing me quite as much as they do now.
To all my mommy-to-be friends: Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Soak in every little punch, kick, hiccup and jab to the ribs! You will miss those things once your baby is here in your arms. Take the time to really be in the moment with your child. Even if it's 3:00 in the morning and you are SO exhausted try to just enjoy that time with your little one. Those sweet, quiet moments will be gone before you know it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Ready for night night
Aren't these precious onesies just perfect!? They say "mommy's answered prayers" and "daddy's answered prayers".









That is great advice that I definitely try to follow! Baby Girl hardly lets me rock her anymore but she'll lay her head on my shoulder for approximately 30 seconds before each nap and I just try to soak it all up! Congrats on doing such a good job keeping twins in breastmilk for over 5 months!!
ReplyDeleteawww.. that was a great reminder of just how fast they grow! My "almost" 4 mth old baby boy just chugged a 4 oz. bottle like it was one big gulp??! It use to take him A LOT longer to go through 4 oz. =( I just cant bring myself to start making 6 ouncers... but I guess I will have to. Its SO hard letting each little thing go. But, as each stage passes.. a new fun stage usually begins. =)
ReplyDeleteGod bless
xoxo
This is so true - there are as many "lasts" as there are "firsts" it seems. It's so important to live in the present moment, and enjoy it fully!!
ReplyDeleteThose onesies are so cute!! :)
They are getting so Big! I just want to squeeze Paige's cheeks! Love em!!! And Logan is just a doll!!! Just enjoy every minute girl!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got to soak in that last moment. I still wistfully wish I had realized the last time Sam would fall asleep dead to the world in my arms during his bedtime bottle (Anna never did, really). I loved it. One day he just stopped and it never happened again. There are so many moments like that... I think that's why we have to soak in every experience!
ReplyDeleteLove the onesies and love how they are turning more and more into little people. :)
Girl, I know! It's kind of depressing how fast it goes. But, gosh it is so wonderful to watch them learn and grow too!
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes reading this because I have been dreading the day!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pictures. They are such beautiful babies!