Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why???

This is a question that I have been asking a lot over the last few days. Why, God, does my sweet friend (who just got the shock of her life last week by finding out she's having twins) have to start bleeding on Sunday and endure the fear that she might be having a miscarriage...again? Why, God, does another sweet friend have to lose her father today in a tragic motorcycle accident (while she's pregnant expecting their first child)? I know that we're not supposed to understand why things happen, but it doesn't stop my mind from wanting answers. To say that my heart is heavy tonight is an understatement. My heart just breaks for both of them and I so wish that I could do or say something to take away their fears and pain.


I know that the best thing I can do for both of them is to just be there and to pray for them like crazy. So many of you have been such awesome prayer warriors for me in the past and once again I'm going to ask for your prayers for my sweet friends. Please pray for Melissa's babies and this pregnancy. Pray specifically that the bleeding will stop and that these precious miracles will continue to grow and stay strong. Pray that her body will cooperate and allow her to carry these babies to term. Please pray for peace for Elizabeth and her family. Pray for God to comfort them and remind them that He is right there with them in the midst of this horrible tragedy.


Thank you for the prayers and thoughts in advance. I promise that my next post will be much more upbeat. :-)



5 comments:

  1. When it rains it pours, huh? Why things happen, or don't, always seems to fathom me. God is always there and I believe there is a reason for everything. I'll be lifting all of your friends up this morning. I'm praying those babies are just fine and this bleeding is simply normal stretching of her ute to make more room. I'll pray that peace comes down upon your friend who lost her father. What a tragedy. I cannot imagine losing my father right now. Peace and strength to you as always. I always hug my little Logan a little tighter when I read about these kinds of things. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had many why moments where I was so angry for not understanding but once life settles again I realize that I probably didn't want to know the why's, they would have been even harder to handle than the circumstances. I am so sorry to hear about both friends. Bleeding is so very scary but I will for sure be praying that her babies are holding on and fighting hard. And your friends loss of her Father is so tragic. Thank you for sharing and I will for sure keep them in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard sometimes to see that God is good. His plans, His timing - they are so difficult to understand this side of eternity. But He *is* good, and His love for us is immeasurable! I'll be keeping Elizabeth and Melissa in prayer for sure, especially that they feel His love and care in a tangible way(and protection in Melissa's case). I remember how terrified I was when I had bleeding with the twins.

    I'm praying for you, too, as you seek to comfort and love on your friends who are hurting. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, geez. Life can be so sad! Praying for your friends that they find some peace in the midst of these terrible and scary storms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my prayers. Courtney, you are so caring and this is yet another example of it.

    ReplyDelete