Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More solids and some randomness

We're still doing well with the solids. After the avocado we tried sweet potatoes. Logan was a huge fan, but Paige...not so much. Poor baby girl cried until I made her some avocado. We continued the sweet potatoes/avocado for four days and then we moved on to bananas. I thought for sure these would be a hit. Both babies liked the bananas but I don't think Paige's tummy liked them too much. :-( She did fine with eating them for about 6 bites or so and then all of a sudden she would just start screaming. This happened two days in a row so I stopped giving them to her. Poor thing. I'm starting to worry that she has inherited my sensitive tummy. We are now eating green beans and they both love them! So far making homemade baby food for them is going really well. It's actually kind of fun. :-)


Now on to some randomness. Logan and Paige are really starting to interact with each other more and more. Yesterday Logan took Paige's binkie out of her mouth...twice. The first time she happened to have a toy in her hand and she flung it at his head after he stole her binkie. Thankfully it was a soft toy. The second time was about 5 minutes later and he rolled over the other way so that she couldn't see it. He might have been protecting himself from another toy being hurled his way too! They really like to babble to each other now too. They'll look at each other, babble something and then smile and laugh. It's so cute! I need to get it on video. Everytime it happens I just sit there and watch them in amazement. I don't want to miss anything by getting up to get the camera!


They're both in the midst of teething right now and I really hope the teeth that are trying to come through hurry up! They have been SO unsettled this week. Well, that's about all the random thoughts I have for now. Here are some recent pictures. :-)


Paige: Happy Easter! Logan: WHY does she insist on doing this to me!?

Ahh, the good life


Um, this is not avocado





6 comments:

  1. I LOVE stories of twin babies interacting! So sweet, even though they were "fighting"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying new foods is the BEST! I hope those teeth hurry up and come in, too....Maddie is 8 months and toothless and I don't mind that one bit! ;) I can only imagine the discomfort that they are in...hope it passes fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Make sure to video them talking! I love to see babies carry on conversations in their own little language! They are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is the solid adventure going now? It is so funny- both Sam and Anna loved avocado and sweet potato when we introduced them and gave purees, but now they won't eat them as chunks. (Sweet potato fries, yes. Baked sweet potato, no.)

    I know how you feel about not missing anything to get up and get the camera- I am the same way. They usually stop by the time I get it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making baby food! It's so much fun to watch them trying new things. Someone shared the Weelicious site with me, and I have been scouring it for new ideas. (www.weelicious.com)

    The look on Paige's face in the sweet potato pic is priceless. And Logan's expression in the Easter Bunny costume cracked me up! They are so adorable, and they are getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete