Logan and Paige tried solid food for the first time tonight and I think it went really well! We decided to start this new adventure with some avocado. I've read some great things about starting with avocado and it's super easy too. We gave them each 1/4 of an avocado which was more than plenty to start with. Although, I think Miss Paige just might turn into an avocado after tonight! She really liked it once she got the hang of the spoon and was sitting in my lap eating. She's a girl after my own heart! Her mommy and daddy love guacamole and I love eating plain avocados with salt too. Yum! We started with them in their high chairs and we reclined them back a little ways. I think it felt too much like they were laying down because they both really seemed to enjoy eating the avocado once we sat them up. I decided to just put Paige in my lap and she gobbled it down! She even started grabbing the spoon and my hand and she would pull it into her mouth. Such a big girl! Logan ended up eating in daddy's lap and did really well too. He didn't eat as much as Paige but I still think he liked it. So, overall I would say that their first time trying solids was a success!
I can't wait to try another food. I wish we didn't have to wait four days in between trying foods, but I know it's what's best and we will of course abide by this rule. I think we're going to try sweet potatoes next. I hope they like them...if they don't we just won't tell their Auntie Heather. It would just break her heart! :-) (My sister LOVES sweet potatoes and I have grown to love them too over the last year). I'm posting a few pictures below. They really don't show their reactions too much. It took them a little while to figure things out, but their little green faces are still pretty cute. :-) We also got a video of each of them taking their first bites, but I had to take the videos with my phone. The stupid battery on our flip video camera was dead. I'll try to remember to charge it before we try something new next week.
P.S. Two posts in one week...can you believe it?!










YAY for solids! Looks like they are LOVING it! They are too cute and getting so BIG!
ReplyDeleteWell done on solids!! And you did very well at waiting till 6 months! I don't think I'll make it that far. Did you ever give them baby rice or avocado is the first food a part from milk?
ReplyDeleteAnd I love avocado too! Try it with a drop of balsamic vinegar and let me know!
We did something similar - sweet potato first followed by avocado. Inchworm *loves* avocado too. A girl after my own heart. :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the green faces! Too cute!!
Avocado was our first official food (we did rice cereal for a day or two, but they didn't like it, so we quickly moved on to something more calorically good for them) and Sam and Anna loved it! Funny thing is now they don't want to eat it at all, even in non-pureed form. I guess they are too into all the other flavors instead of their food beginnings! I bet Paige and Logan will LOVE sweet potato. Let the mess begin!
ReplyDeleteWooohooo for solids! They are just too cute! I'm looking into what to use to make Ellie's baby food. So many different opinions. ha!
ReplyDelete