Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Sippy Cup Help

Ok all you savvy moms out there, I need some help with sippy cups.  Logan and Paige have been drinking really well out of sippy cups for several months now.  I have been using the Nub.y cups that have two handles and a soft spout.  They did great with transitioning to these cups and up until this weekend I hadn't noticed many leaks.  Well, that would be because up until this weekend they had only been drinking water in their sippy cups. We are now starting them on some whole milk in their cups and oh my goodness...they LEAK!  It's terrible!  I definitely need to have my carpet cleaned now and should probably go clean my mother-in-law's carpet too!  (Sorry Mimi!) 

So, here's where all of you come in.  What sippy cups have worked best for your little ones?  I'm looking for one that does NOT leak, is easy for them to hold, and one that has a good spout.  We need to transition to a hard spout soon anyway so I'm not opposed to trying a hard spout now versus going with another cup with a soft spout. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 comments:

  1. We have only used straw cups. But, the thickness of milk causes more leaks. We only drink milk at the table. And, when the cups are not in use we loosen the lid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous poster that milk should probably only be drunk (drank?) at the table, unless you don't care about drips.

    Every sippy cup is going to leak at least a little bit. Your Nuby ones are brutal with leaks, though. I have a couple of those.

    I have about 7 different kinds of sippy cups and the Avent ones are my favourite. They hardly leak. If they leak, just take it all apart and put it back together again.

    And the Avent ones have two kinds of spouts that are both shaped the exact same, a soft one and a hard one. But the soft one is nothing like the Nuby spout, which is really very much like a bottle.

    There's also a playtex kind that are thermal cups and have a really hard spout. The whole top of it is hard. Those hardly leak at ALL. But they're also hard to drink out of, and for that reason I barely use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started with Nuby soft sippies, and then when we transitioned to hard spouts, we found that Sam and Anna actually liked them better. We use these http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Graduates-NUK-Ultimate-Spout/dp/B004TTYU72 and they hardly leak. When we switched to no handles, Sam and Anna had no problems holding them either (we did that before 12 months, so your two might just be fine with them too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The platex thermal ones have worked the best for Ella.
    If they will use the straw ones, the munchkin ones where you can close the straw up into the lid when not in use have worked pretty well.

    ReplyDelete