Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

An award for me!!

Woohoo! This is my very first blog award! My blog-friend, Katie, gave me this award a few days ago and I was so excited!! I feel like I'm officially part of the blog world now. Thanks, Katie, for giving me this much needed pick-me-up!



Here are the Honest Scrap stipulations:


1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find interesting and engaging

2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog and leave a comment informing them that they have won the "Honest Scrap Award"

3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself



Here is the list of blogs that I am awarding for their honest and truly inspiring posts:


1. Where's Baby?

2. Dancin' in the Rain

3. I never thought it made sense anyway

4. The Dressler Family

5. The Pifer's Journey Through Infertility

6. unquestionable love

7. Walking the Journey



10 honest things about me:

1. I HATE spiders and snakes. Anything that has too many legs or no legs at all just creeps me out.

2. Two of my most favorite things in the whole world are funnel cakes and fresh squeezed lemonade!

3. I would love to own a cute, little bookstore...like the one in "You've Got Mail". I would have story time for the kids and maybe a book club of sorts for the adults!

4. I wish that I had a loud speaker on the outside of my car so that I could yell at all the idiot drivers here in Houston. And I wish that I had the authority to write tickets to those idiot drivers too.

5. I cannot wink. Chris often tries to teach me, but it's just not happening.

6. I still sleep with my childhood lovie...Bloopie. He used to be a humpty dumpty doll, but now he's just kind of a faceless blob. Don't judge...there are far worse things in life that I could be doing. :)

7. My parents used to play "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang when I was a baby to get me to stop crying. Apparently, as soon as it came on I would dance around in my crib. To this day, I still get excited when I hear that song and I have to sing along and dance!

8. I have a tad bit of OCD when it comes to cleaning the house...ESPECIALLY loading the dishwasher.

9. I love to have checklists and to literally "check" items off my list as I complete them.

10. I hate grocery shopping but I like making the grocery list and organizing the groceries in the fridge and pantry once they're home.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me - I'll post my 10 answers tomorrow!

    P.S. - I sleep with a stuffed Panda bear so you're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me, I was in need of a good post tonight... bloggers block. ;)

    P.S. When I was 10 or so, I started sleeping with a throw blanket my parents kept on the couch... and to this day I cannot sleep confortably without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for tagging me! I will be sure to post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet!!!!! THANK YOU sweetie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award. Great list of 10 facts to go with it too.

    And, bribe anyone you need to bribe. Late or absent lab results are maddening.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE snakes too!! EEEWW!!!

    Congrats on your blog award! :)
    ~Michelle (ICLW)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can wink, but I can't snap my fingers. No matter how hard I try. :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Courtney, congrats on the bloggy award! And Honest Scrap is really one of the best ones out there!

    I kind of relate to some of your list...I too can't handle the sight of snakes. And I would love to own a bookstore - that is NOT the plan, just an if-it-were-to-be dream.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete