Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Randomness

I just have a few random thoughts to blog about today. First of all, I still haven't heard back from the RE's office about the blood test I had run last Monday. I'm supposed to call the rude nurse back today to remind her to check on my results again. I don't really understand why I'm supposed to call and remind her to do her job, but whatever. I now know that I have to stay on top of things and look out for myself.

Chris and I were in Target Saturday night and as we were walking towards the checkout area I noticed a teenage boy and girl in front of us. They had come from a "certain aisle" in the store that I have frequented over the last 10 months and the blue box in the teenage girl's hand was unmistakable. She was nervously looking around and trying to hide the box as best as she could. I nudged Chris and said, "Hey, look what that girl has in her hand. You know what that is, don't you?" It could only be one of two things: a pregnancy test or an OPK (ovulation predictor kit). Ha! I'm 99.99% sure that girl is not tracking her monthly ovulation, although now that I think about it she might want to start doing just that since she obviously is not practicing safe sex.

For those of you who know us well, you will be happy to know that Chris and I are now the proud owners of a trash can for our kitchen!!! We've lived in our house for almost 3 years and we FINALLY purchased a trash can this weekend. Yay for us! No more designer trash bags hanging on the pantry door. Our new purchase is very plain. It's just a white, plastic trash can with a lid and it now lives in our pantry. I could never find a trash can that I really liked and that looked decent enough to have out in our kitchen, and that didn't cost almost $100. I finally decided, why not just buy a cheap one and rearrange our pantry so that we can store it in there? What a great idea! Too bad it took me almost 3 years to figure this out. Oh well, this obviously has not been high on my priority list but it can now be checked off my list. And oh how I love to check things off my list! I'm a tad bit OCD at times. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hope, hope, hope you get your results asap! And congrats on the trash can(heehee)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through The Pifers. I just love reading your post!!

    Praying for great results!

    Prayers,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete