Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We're finally moving forward again

I FINALLY got a call from the RE's office this evening. The nurse didn't call until around 6:00 PM and needless to say I had already given up on them by this point and was not expecting a call. My test results finally came in and everything looked good. YAY! Now I just have to wait for the nurse who actually schedules the IVF cycles to look at my chart and call me back with our treatment plan and tentative procedure dates. Not only does she have to coordinate with their office schedule but she also has to coordinate with Chris' doctor as well. He has to be on standby that day in case Chris has to have a biopsy. Please pray for us that these schedules are coordinated without any hitches and that we're still on track to have our IVF cycle this month.

The nurse gave me this website to use that will verify my pharmacy benefits for me. She gave me a list of the 4 main fertility drugs that my doctor uses and told me to put those into the online verification system. I've already taken care of this tonight and will hopefully get some feedback from them this week. I had only heard of one of the drugs she name - Folli.stim. Please let me know if any of you have taken or heard of these other three: Ovi.drel, Cetro.tide and Micro Ovi.drel. I looked them up online and have a pretty good idead what each one is used for, but none of these seem to be in place of Lupr.on. Has anyone else gone through an IVF cycle without being on Lupr.on? Maybe the nurse just forgot to mention that one. I wouldn't doubt it seeing as how I had to speak with the rude nurse. I had to laugh to myself when she told me at the end of our conversation that "I can always still call her if I ever have any questions." Yah right. I don't think so lady! :-)

Well, I sure hope we get our treatment plan before the end of this week. I would love to have a grasp on things before the long weekend. I am so grateful, though, to at least know that all of my tests are back and that all the pieces of the puzzle are there for them to work with.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog. My dh and are are doing our first IVF cycle now. DH also has Male Factor Infertility so IVF with ICSI was the only option they gave us. His counts were just too low for IUI.

    I started my stim meds Sunday. I am on Follistim and Menopure. The Cetrotide is used later in the cycle to slow down the follicle growth so they all mature at the same time. I also didn't do Lupron. I was put on fast-track protocol so basically all they did was put me on birth control for 3 weeks and then my stim meds started 5 days after birth control was stopped.

    I wish you all the best in your journey. I am sure you already know this but it is really scary and emotional. After my first shot Sunday night, dh and I just cried for a while when it finally hit us there was no turning back. Again, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works for you the first cylce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You are getting so close.

    I am glad the other poster shared what she knew- I wasn't really sure what to tell you about those drugs.

    I hope you get a call tomorrow if you didn't today!

    ReplyDelete