Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ouchie!

Ok, the Folli.stim is living up to its nickname around here too...Follisting. Chris just finished giving me my injections and all I have to say is Ouchie! The Micro Ovi.drel is a piece of cake. I can't even feel that injection. But, no pain no gain, right? I sure hope it's doing its job and growing lots of follicles for me. Only time will tell. Our next appointment is tomorrow. I'll have another ultrasound and blood work to monitor how my body is responding to the meds. I hope I get a good report!

Now, all you ladies on this IVF journey who have taken or are currently taking Folli.stim...did it make you feel super bloated? Sorry to those of you reading this that didn't want to know this tid bit of info. :-) I'm only 4 days into these injections and I already feel like I might be outgrowing my clothes. What the heck? Too bad I can't wear my super comfy cotton pants to work tomorrow. I'm taking 300 IUs of Folli.stim a night. I don't know if this is a normal dosage or not. I'll update tomorrow night after our appointment.

Please pray for my blog friend at Once Upon a Time. She is having her embryo transfer tomorrow! Also, my blog friend at Where's Baby? is anxiously waiting to find out if she is pregnant! Her embryo transfer was last Sunday. Please keep these girls in your prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! Thank you.

    I hope your appt. went well and your follies are truckin' along. The Follistim did sting for me too.. but compared to the Progesterone, I would take the Follistim any day. (Do you have to do progesterone injections? I can't remember.) It is totally normal for it to make you bloated- that's b/c your follicles are growing! It will get worse until after the retrieval. You may have to invest in some comfy work pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Stirrups. :)

    I went through IVF and yes, thank God for hubbies. :) Also I was incredibly bloated with the Follistim. Towards the end, I could also really feel my ovaries. I felt like I had 2 bowling balls in there. :) I was on 225 which was later increased to 275 so your dose I'm assuming is right in there. :)

    Good luck! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya, my hubby said he feels like a doctor since he is giving most of the shots. i'm not on follitism and start my stims tonite, so i'm sure i'll feel like that soon!! Hope the appt goes well tomorrow!
    Rathi

    ReplyDelete