IVF round 2 officially kicked off today. My monitoring appt was this morning and I had an ultrasound and blood work. Thankfully my ovaries are nice and quiet so we will start the injections again tomorrow night. The protocol has not changed since the last cycle, but let's hope the outcome does! I will be taking 0.1 ml of Mic.ro Ovid.rel and 300 IUs of Follis.tim. I have decided to have a different attitude this time around. My new attitude is to just go with the flow and say "Whatever"! We were actually supposed to start at 450 IUs of Follis.tim and then this afternoon at the last minute Dr. G decided to change his mind. Now, last cycle this would have stressed me and I would have been wondering why. Today, however, I just said, "OK", when the nurse told me there had been a change and I thought to myself "no big deal...whatever."
We were so crushed when the last cycle didn't work so I'm really trying to guard my heart this time. I do want to stay positive, but it will be cautious optimism this time. My next appt isn't until next Wednesay so please pray that the meds do their job and that my ovaries cooperate and do their part too!
I want to ask you to also please pray for my sweet friend, Lindsay, and her 4 month old baby boy, James Thomas. They were admitted to Texas Children's Hospital yesterday because James Thomas' hemoglobin level is really low. They have been giving him blood transfusions in an effort to increase his levels and he will hopefully be having a bone marrow biopsy on Monday. The doctors are not sure what is going on so please pray for guidance and wisdom for the doctors. Please pray for strength and peace for Lindsay and her husband as they fight to stay strong for their little boy. Finally, please pray for healing for James Thomas. I can't even imagine what they're going through right now.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I think that your attitude is great. I always want to try and control my IVF cycles, and that doesn't work out obviously, so this sounds like a much better approach.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you and hoping this cycle brings you your miracle!! I love your relaxed attitude- afterall, God is in control so what do we have to worry about??
ReplyDeleteI will also keep your friends in my prayers during this difficult time for them.
Your friends and their little boy will be in my prayers. Infertility is tough but I could never imagine going through what they are going through especially when their little boy is so young.
ReplyDeleteGood luck my love! I'm praying cycle #2 of IVF is mission accomplished and you get your BFP!
babyparamore.blogspot.com
Yay for suppression! Your attitude sounds great- acupuncture always helped me stay in a better state of mind during the IVF. I'm so hoping for the very best for you!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! Positivity helps, it's hard to find it sometimes though. Right here with ya and hoping for a BFP for both of us!!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a GREAT check-up tomorrow! IVF #2 is on it's way! And I love your zen attitude. =)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to be out of the country and away from the computer for a majority of your cycle, but know that I'll be thinking about you and will be anxious to see the progress you've made!
Good luck with this cycle! I will keep you and your friend in my prayers!
ReplyDelete