Where do I start? First of all, I was able to get our tentative schedule for this next IVF cycle. It took me having to call the nurses to follow up, but whatever. I will continue to take the birth control pillss until Oct. 12th and then I'll have an appt. on the 16th to make sure that my ovaries are suppressed. If all goes well, I will get the meds that day and will begin injections the following day on the 17th. I will have several monitoring appts. the following week and our tentative egg retrieval date is Oct. 28. I told my husband that it looks like I will be getting embryos for my birthday this year...I just hope they stick around and become the gift that just keeps on giving! :-) My birthday is Nov. 4th, so our embryo transfer will more than likely fall some time around my birthday.
In other news, my mom is really sick. She's been sick for the last several months but she just let on this past Sunday as to how bad it really is. She lives in a small town about 3 1/2 hours away from me, so my husband and I are bringing her here to Houston tomorrow night and I will be taking her to an appointment with a neurologist on Thursday. I have been stressing since Sunday evening trying to figure out how Chris or I would be able to take off work tomorrow to go pick my mom up, bring her back here, go to work Thursday morning, leave work to take her to the doctor's appointment, not knowing how long she's going to be here and wondering how in the heck am I supposed to endure another IVF cycle while I'm trying to shuttle my mom back and forth to appointments. All I can say is thank you God for my best friend, Morgan! Out of nowhere yesterday she called and offered to pick my mom up for me tomorrow and meet me half way to get her. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
My poor little cat, Sweetpea, also has a really bad bacterial infection in her ear and I have to chase her down twice a day to put medicine in her ear that she hates. Ugh. Why does life always have to happen all at once? I think Chris might have to ship me off to the looney bin after this...I wonder if I can blog from there??? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I know that feeling! Life seems to be cycloning around me right now, and I am Dorothy in her house, trying to land on solid ground.
ReplyDeleteWe'll be praying for success in your IVF journey, and healing for your mom.
ReplyDeleteOh honey, seems like your plate is full with your sick cat and your mom. I pray that the doctors can heal her and that you find the time to juggle her illness and take care of your IVF appointments. Thank God for your sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteYAY..I'm praying that you get a BFP that sticks for your birthday! What a beautiful gift to get!
I will break in to the looney bin and give you a lap top if that happens! Maybe we can be roommates!
babyparamore.blogspot.com
What a wonderful birthday present this could turn out to be! I'm so excited that you'll be cycling again soon!
ReplyDeleteAs for your mom, I truly hope that the doctors in your area are able to help her and that her health improves. It's so scary when our seemingly invincible parents become so vulnerable.
Does Sweetpea like Petromalt? My dearly departed Tom Tom used to LOVE the stuff, and I'd always make sure to give him some after he took his medicine. He began associating medicine time with TREAT time. Happy kitty. =)
Wow. You sure are going through a lot. I will be definitely praying for you and your upcoming IVF cycle and for your mom and your cat. Definitely keep us posted!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry your mom is unwell. Praying she gets better soon!
ReplyDeleteI've been blogging from the looney bin for awhile now, so I know you can do it!! Hang in there Courtney! We are praying for you guys!
ReplyDeletePraying for you mom and hoping everything works out soon! I also hope you get your birthday wish!
ReplyDeleteThe end of October will be here before you know it. I am crossing my fingers for you that this cycle goes off without a hitch. I am so sorry to hear about your mom and cat though- I will pray that everything works out.
ReplyDeleteI have another award for you on my blog. :)
Wow! It's almost time to get things started again! I really hope it works out this cycle. I am praying for you. :)
ReplyDeleteYou have an award on my blog-check it out!
ReplyDeletebabyparamore.blogspot.com