Today was my first monitoring appointment since we started the injections Saturday night. Dr. G did an ultrasound and measured the 6 largest follicles in each ovary. So far, the 12 he measured are coming in between 7-8mm. Dr. G said, "So far so good." I'll call the nurses this afternoon to get the results of my blood work and to see if my dosage will change for tonight and tomorrow night. My next appointment is on Friday morning.
For everyone who is visiting my blog from ICLW, Welcome! I'll try to post some sort of timeline at some point, but basically my husband and I are going through our second IVF cycle right now. The first one that we did in July/August of this year didn't work. I've added acupuncture to the mix this time around and I'm hoping that it helps to prepare my body for the procedures and the embryo transfer.
Also, thanks so much to all of you who have prayed for James Thomas (the 4 month old baby of our friends, Lindsay & James). Thankfully, they are being released from the hospital today! They have a long journey ahead of them but they are so strong and have amazing faith, so I have no doubt that they will overcome this obstacle! I have posted a button for James Thomas at the top of my blog so when you see it, please remember to say a prayer for them and their journey.
Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!
P.S. For those of you who love pumpkin flavored treats as much as I do...you have got to try pumpkin ice cream. It is sooo yummy! Dreyers makes a great pumpkin ice cream and I am not a huge ice cream person. For those of you going through IF treatments who cannot have caffeine, Starbucks has a decaf version of their pumpkin spice latte. It's yummy too! I love to have that as a treat this time of year and I was so bummed that I wasn't going to be able to have it this year because of the caffeine. A big thank you to my friend at We're Expecting! for clueing me in to the decaf option! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers said for you.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I am not a huge fan of pumpkin treats, but I AM counting down the days until the eggnog milkshake at Jack-in-the-Box comes out!
Hi from ICLW! I LOVE all things pumpkin! Even ice cream, of which I was doubtful.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping the acupuncture is the magic combo! GL!
Pumpkin treats are awesome! I once had a recipe for a pumpkin hazelnut chocolate tort. I sadly have misplaced that recipe, but it was sooooo yummy! Other great pumpkin treats... pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
ReplyDeleteSending prayers for a successful cycle!
So glad things are looking well so far! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI have been following your journey few a while now. My fingers are crossed for this cycle!
ReplyDeleteI love everything pumpkin. The Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is my special treat for myself a couple times a week. Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Sounds like a great appointment. I'll keep you and your friends in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteAll the best!
Hello from ICLW!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE pumpkin ice cream. It makes for really good pumpkin ice cream pie too, if you ever need a really, really easy dessert. :)
Wishing you all the luck in this IVF cycle!!
I hope that this cycle goes well for you and brings good results.
ReplyDeletePumpkin ice cream is one of my favorites!
ICLW
So exciting! Hope your appointment went well today. Praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear the latest from your appt. today.
ReplyDeleteI'm here from ICLW, too. I also LOVE pumpkin treats! mmmm I hope this round of IVF gets that much-needed BFP! Good luck!
ReplyDelete