Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

And it begins...

Our embryo transfer went really well today. Dr. G told us that we had two great blastocysts to transfer and that there were actually three other embryos that they were watching to see if they would be able to be frozen tomorrow. Yay! My acupuncture appointment before the transfer was really great. I just felt so calm and relaxed going into the transfer, with the exception of feeling as if my bladder might burst at any moment. :-) That is the only bad part about the embryo transfer. I hate having to drink that much liquid in order to fill my bladder to the brim and then having to hold it. Not fun.

Now the dreaded two week wait begins. My beta blood test is scheduled for Nov. 16th. I'm pretty confident that we won't cheat and test before then. Last time, we tested the night before our beta test. This time I think we'll wait until that morning or even wait until we get back home. Neither of us can stand the thought of looking at another negative HPT. My 29th birthday is tomorrow so we're hoping and praying that I get the best birthday present ever! Thank you so much to all of you who have prayed for us and sent us well wishes during this cycle. I can't even begin to describe how comforting it is to have such a great support system. We definitely couldn't make it through this journey without all of you!



Here are some pictures from today:


Right before the embryo transfer


Chris holding up one finger for each of our 9 embryos


Our two beautiful embryos!

Snuggle in little embryos! I promise to give you a nice, warm home.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the transfer went well!! Can't wait to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax and have your feet up! I am so glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such a good feeling about this for you this time! Happy Birthday- I hope you get the very best present ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo!!
    Pregnant until proven otherwise!!

    Grow embies! Grow!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday sweetie! Yes, like Mrs. Bee said, you are pregnant until proven otherwise! I'm praying that your two babies grow and you have a beautiful beta in two weeks!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I really hope your birthday wish comes true :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful for the 2 embryos inside of you! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had two beautiful blasts to transfer! Fingers crossed...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday and congratulations- I feel like something is brewing in there- grow embies grow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! I am so happy that things went perfectly. 2 perfect blasts all snug - hope they settle in nicely for the long haul. Let us know if you are able to freeze any, too. 3 would be amazing! Sit back and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Look at all this AWESOMENESS that's been going on in my absence! ;-)

    Those are 2 BEAUTIFUL embryos, my dear. And you and DH are too, too cute.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And here's hoping for a rockstar BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we are going to have to watch out for the kiddo on the left...looks like a perfectionist.
    And #6 has your eyes. :O)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete