Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Moving forward with the frosties

We had our follow up appointment with Dr. G on Thursday and I feel like it went really well. This is the appointment that Chris and I lovingly refer to as the "What the heck went wrong this time?" appointment. :-) Once again, Dr. G feels like we will eventually get pregnant with IVF and that it's just a game of chance. We decided to move forward with a FET (frozen embryo transfer) in January. As I mentioned before, Dr. G wants me to sit out one cycle and then with my December cycle I will be on BCP and Lupr.on to suppress ovulation. I will then start taking Estr.ace and Proges.terone to thicken my endometrial lining before the transfer. I really don't know that much about FET so if any of you girls out there have any tips or info please them along my way!

My body decided to get revenge as of yesterday and once again the horrible cramps and migraines are back. At least I'm moving forward with this new cycle, though. I'm glad that it only took 4 days this time after I stopped the hormones. Hopefully this will be a normal cycle and won't drag on forever like it did last time. I'm hoping that we will be able to put all this infertility nonsense behind us after the new year. I hope that 2010 turns out to be a much better year than 2009 has been. I'm also having a hard time with the fact that I will probably be 30 or close to it by the time we have a baby. That's assuming, of course, that the FET works or that the next "fresh" IVF cycle works if we have to do another one. I'm trying to remind myself that God's plans for our family are so much more amazing than we could ever imagine and it won't matter how old I am when we finally get our miracle.

In other news, the germs have finally found me. :-( I hate being sick and I really hate being sick with a migraine. I think I just have allergies or a minor cold, so nothing major. It's just annoying.

Thank you to all of you for the sweet comments after our last disappointment. It's such a comfort for Chris and I to know that we have so many people praying for us and sending well wishes our way! The power of prayer is amazing and we have definitely felt all of your prayers this week.

18 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is almost 2010. I remember thinking 2009 was going to be our year, boy was I wrong! I pray that 2010 is both of our year!

    Good luck with your FET in January...I hope you are able to kick of the near year pregnant.

    Thanks for commenting when I wasn't being a good commenter to you! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FETs are a million times easier physically than a fresh! And they don't interfere with your life nearly as much! Less monitoring, less meds, no stim, no ER... just way better. Emotionally I thought it was the same. Good luck with it! Enjoy a break over the holidays, and hopefully your new year will kick off with two pink lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney,
    I Found your blog off of Lindsays. I prayed for you guys through your last cycle,and am continuing to pray for you guys. We too suffered with infertility and after a failed fresh cycle had a successful FET. The process was so much easier and less invasive as far as time. Because of that I thought the emotional side of it was easier too. I just wanted to comment to encourage you and to let you know there's a stranger out there praying for you that has been where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a positive attitude. I can't really give you much advice on FETs since I am currently going through one myself. Fingers and toes crossed that this is it for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope 2010 will be your year! I know it was hard for me when I passed the point where I knew I would not be a mother before 30. I hope you can squeeze it in!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney, your positive outlook is encouraging. I hope the cycle off give your body and heart a chance to recover and prepare. ~L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW!

    Hope you get over the cold soon.

    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be undergoing a FET early next year so hopefully we'll be pregnant together. :) I've heard it's much easier than a fresh. I have a few blogs on my blog list that have undergone a FET if you want to check them out. They are BTW..we didn't just relax, Womb for 1 more and then Jen's Adoption Blessings. Those are the ones that come to my head right now and are the ones I'll be bugging if I have questions. :)

    Hope you feel better sweetie! Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry about your cycle. DH and I just failed at our first IVF in the worst possible way--low/non-doubling betas after two lines on a HPT. IF is so brutal and IVF is not for the faint at heart. I really admire your faith and positive attitude. I'm trying to find more of it myself.

    Good luck on your January FET!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by for ICLW.

    Hope the FET goes smoothly and you have a wonderful 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I can't give you any assistance with the FET, as I have never gone that route (yet). Also, I'm sorry for your recent BFN. It's the worst. I pray that your January cycle will go smoothly and you'll get your much-deserved BFP!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colds suck! And so do BFNs. I hope your January cycle goes smoothly.

    Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
    No. 2: the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, nanowrimo)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know anything about FET since we didn't have any leftover to freeze. I hope that 2010 is your year!

    ICLW
    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry this cycle wasn't a success. Hoping and praying you find success with the upcoming FET.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless you, girl. Being sick AND a migraine! Yikes! I just very recently started getting migraines, and yuck! Is there anything worse?

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am praying for the very best possible outcome of your FET- and hoping that time flies for you until January gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying that 2010 is your year :)

    Hope you feel better soon and happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete