Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Better late than never

First, I want to apologize for being such a horrible blog slacker! I'm finally starting to feel better so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track with the blogging. My family flew in Wednesday night so we've been spending lots of time together and just hanging out. I've been such a slacker that I even missed my one year blogging anniversary on April 19th. Oops! I have got to get it together! :-)

This past Wednesday we had our 12 week appointment. I can't believe that in only 4 more days I will already be in my second trimester. Wow. This is going by fast! Our appointment went well. Both babies were doing really well and had good heartbeats. It was so neat to finally see them looking like babies! We could see the profile of their little noses, mouths and chins. Both babies waved at us on the ultrasound and thankfully I counted five fingers on each hand. They were also kicking their feet alot. It was so cute to watch them. I could have layed there forever.

We did find out that both babies are sharing one placenta. We don't know if their placentas fused into one or if they just have always had one. That was rather alarming. Our doctor said that we don't have to be too worried just yet, but that they will have to keep a really close check on me and the babies. They'll have to make sure that both babies are gaining weight as equally as possible. My OB said that if it comes down to it she might have to take them early. Once they're past the viability point, of course. We really don't want this to happen so I just have to make sure that I'm getting as close as I can to the 2400 calorie mark each day. Unfortunately this is all I can do to help keep them growing inside me as long as possible. I just hope these little ones learn to share soon!

Due to the twins only having one placenta, there is the possibility that they could be identical. Dr. M said that if they end up being the same gender we won't know until they're born whether they're fraternal or identical. How crazy is that?! We're really going to have our work cut out for us if they're identical! They will probably get away with SO much! It makes me tired just thinking about it. :-)

That about sums up what's been going on lately. We'll have our next appointment on May 25th at our 16 week mark. I really, really hope we get a sneak peek at what their genders are! I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend! I'm off to rest for a little bit. Before I go, I'll leave you with a picture of our precious little ones. Baby A is on the left and Baby B is on the right. I'm also posting a new picture of the bump! This one is just for you Jess! :-)


8 comments:

  1. Fantastic that all is well! How interesting about the one placenta! I'm sure it'll all be ok and you will be just supermonitored. Imagine if they are identical, that's so cool! Do you have twins in your family? Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! What beautiful babies!! :) The placenta thing is interesting. You'll get more u/s's this way. I'm sure things will be fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look BEAUTIFUL and the babies look FABULOUS! Hope the placenta issue doesn't provide you with too much worry - just seems like there is always something to worry about...and the little ones aren't even here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! All three of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy all is going well with you and the twins!! Wow how amazing that you might not know until they are born if they are idetical or not! I believe that us IVF girls get monitored extra carefully so I am sure all will be under control! Your bump looks super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First trimester almost done....it's certainly a milestone - CONGRATS! No mention of morning sickness in your post either - so that is GREAT news as well...you'll need to keep all the food down you can in order to make your calorie mark! Continued prayers for you guys and that those little babies have already learned to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great and the babies are beautiful, too! Yay for the end of the first trimester... I hope the next 4 weeks pass by quickly for you so you get to see your babies again before you know it. How interesting about the shared placenta... I bet they aren't identical though, b/c didn't you say you thought one was a girl and one was a boy? Mama's intuition is usually pretty good...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! That is soooo fun that they could be identical. Will be praying that everything goes well with the babies!

    ReplyDelete