We had our 16 week ultrasound and OB appointment yesterday. They were able to confirm that we are most definitely having a boy and a girl!! We are so excited!! God is definitely blessing us more than we deserve. The ultrasound took a little over 30 minutes yesterday and we just had so much fun watching our sweet babies. They were able to get really good shots of the babies' anatomy and their measurements yesterday. Our OB was very pleased with how well they're doing so far and she was also pleased with my weight gain so far as well. Woohoo! It was so reassuring to hear that that they're both growing well and that I'm gaining enough weight for them right now.
I've developed a few new pregnancy-related ailments over the last few weeks. I'm experiencing restless legs a lot and my back has really started to hurt. The heating pad has become my new BFF! We're going to buy me a Snoogle this weekend. It's a body pillow that wraps around you to support your belly and back. I can't wait to try it out! Even though it's not fun having restless legs or a sore back, I just keep thinking that as long as these babies are healthy and growing then I can get through whatever this pregnancy throws at me. It still seems unreal to me at times that we have these two, precious miracles growing inside me. I thank God for them everyday.
We didn't really get any great profile shots of the babies this time, but I'll see if I have any cute pics on the CD they gave us. I need to post another belly pic so I'll try to do that this weekend as well. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend!










Exciting! Exciting! Sweet babies! Hope the pillow helps.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! The pillow is a lifesaver, trust me!! Have a great Memorial Day!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad things continue to go well for you (well, except for the aches and pains). Months from now you won't really remember all the uncomfortable stuff, I can testify to that.
ReplyDeleteI got a Back N Belly pillow (google it) instead of a Snoogle because it was the same on both sides and allowed me to turn over at night. I needed that because my arms started falling asleep on me and the tingling would wake me up. I highly reccommend the Back N Belly pillow- it felt like my cozy little nest. I loved that thing so much I almost kept using it after we got home from the twins' birth. (But didn't, because I was as happy to be able to sleep on my tummy again)
Great news for you my friend!!So happy all is well! And a boy and a girl will please everyone I'm sure! Much love, Fran
ReplyDeleteYAY for a BOY and a GIRL! So exciting!!! Any ideas for names yet? I suggest getting as much prep work for the babies arrival done early - you certainly don't want to worry about all that stuff as the days wittle down. Simple tasks are going to start getting really difficult and tiredsome...and x's 2 for you! Glad thinsg are progressing well and I look forward to seeing the latest pics!
ReplyDeleteSo did you have any "feelings" on what the genders would be?? So excited for you and dh, getting to experience the joy of having a boy AND and girl!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! That is so awesome! A boy and a girl! I know you guys are excited! And congratulations for everything being right on track!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I am so excited that you're having boy/girl twins too! Definitely go buy the Snoogle. Best money I ever spent! Wait til the pelvic pain comes on too, you'll be so glad you have it!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!! I've been anxiously waiting to hear if you knew anything yet! So happy for you!
ReplyDelete