Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Year and a New Me

I started out this new year with a determination to be better at following through.  So many times we tell a friend "we should really get together for dinner" or "let's plan a playdate soon" and more often than not those plans never get made.   We all have great intentions at first, but then we go about with our lives and things get busy and then it's several months before you end up seeing or talking to that friend again.  I also want to be better at following through with making plans for our little family of four.  Chris and I come up with so many ideas of things that we want to do with Logan and Paige or places we want to take them.  Unfortunately, we don't always follow through.  So, this year I am going to do my best to change all of this. 

I'm so excited that I've already gotten off to a good start!  We had some of our favorite people over for dinner a few weeks ago (shout out to the Burks!) and we had such a great time just hanging out with them.  They also happen to be the parents of Logan's future wife.  He is very smitten with their little girl Avery!  She is an absolute cutie pie and Logan would have great in-laws!  :-)  This past Monday I was finally able to meet our friends' precious twins. (shout out to the Hendersons!)  They are 3 months old and just precious!  It was so fun to get to hang out with Melissa and love on her sweet babies.  I miss holding sleeping babies and feeding them in my arms.  Thanks for letting me get my baby fix, Melissa!

Being a mom of twin toddlers can be very daunting at times to say the least.  There are so many fun things that I want to get out and do with them during the week but I find myself getting so intimidated.  I always worry how they're going to behave and will it be safe for me to take them by myself, blah, blah, blah.  While safety does have to be my number one concern, I really want to just start letting go of all the other fears and worries.  So what if they don't behave perfectly the whole time? It's not the end of the world.  I took a small step yesterday by taking them to a small park in our neighborhood by myself.  It was totally exhausting for me because I felt like I was running in two different directions the whole time, but it was also totally worth it.  They had SO much fun!

So, for only being 2 1/2 weeks into the new year I think that's a pretty good start!  Logan and Paige have their 15 month check-up on Friday so stay tuned for an update.  :-)


4 comments:

  1. You are off to a GREAT start. And..you can borrow the babies anytime to get your fix...haha It was so good to see y'all too. Oh, and yeah, anytime you want to really throw strangers for a loop, let's just go in public together...LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job- and great idea. Excited to read the update after the appt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on a successful start to the year! My goal is similar in that I want to stop making excuses. I can spend so much time coming up with the perfect excuse to not do something that I could have already done it. It's becoming a bad habit and I want that to stop in 2012!! Here's to a great year of new experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following... Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete