Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

An Infertile Couple's Kitchen

Have any of you ever wondered what an infertile couple's kitchen looks like??? Ladies and gentlemen take a look below. This is what an infertile couple's kitchen looks like (at least this is what our's looks like thanks to IVF #3).
We have about 12 different types of medicine all related to this IVF cycle in one way or another, one sharps container, a bag of bandaids, several bags of alcohol wipes and a PLETHORA of syringes and needles! YIKES! Some of these needles are pretty scary looking. These are for the dreaded intramuscular shots that my loving husband will have the pleasure of inserting into my backside everyday. YIPPEE! I just cannot wait for those shots to begin. (yes, this is sarcasm)

Since this isn't our first time around the IVF block I have to admit that overall the shots really aren't all that bad. BUT, I lucked out with my last two cycles and didn't have to endure any intramuscular shots. I am a little nervous about those. I keep telling myself No Pain No Gain. Well, from the looks of some of those needles there will be plenty of pain so I just hope there's something to gain at the end of this cycle as well! :-)

Thanks so much for all the comments, encouraging words and prayers you've been leaving on my blog! All of you help to make this journey so much easier!


11 comments:

  1. I hear you my friend, my kitchen looks just the same! It will be worth it, I am so so hoping it'll be our time to smile. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will confide in you that I was absolutely terrified of the IM shots. Both times I told DH to hurry up and get it over with and both times he'd already done them. I didn't even feel them. The first was at 2am so I figured I must have just been too tired, but the second was during normal waking hours and I didn't feel that one either. I just laid on the bed width-wise and tried to stay calm(I know so hard) and before I knew it we were done. I only had to do 1, so I can't be sure how more than one may go, but try to relax as best you can, they really aren't so bad. Good luck and I'm hoping third times a charm for you and DH!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I completely remember my kitchen looking like that last year with my IVF. IM shots are not too bad. I too laid width-wise, crossed my legs and started counting backwards while DH gave me the shots. Then DH massaged the area aftewards (sorry, TMI but it helps!) If your trigger is IM, you can also ice beforehand and if you are taking PIO, I recommend warming up the oil for a few moments before-hand and then putting a little heat on afterwards. These helped me too especially when I had to do the PIO shots two times per day.

    I hope that IVF #3 is the magical cycle for you and your DH! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't all those drugs and needles fun?!

    Good luck! Hopefully this cycle works wonderfully.

    ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The IM shots aren't bad. I like them better than the ones I would do because I really don't have to do much and they are so quick.

    Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a tip for you for the IM shots. It's going to sound corny, but it really does work. When I had to get my IM shot (my DH gave it to me) I made myself sing while he was giving me the shot. This forced me to breath which made the shot easier and much less painful than if I were holding my breath.

    Wishing you success on your third IVF!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy meds, Batman! =O

    I'm really sorry about the necessity for so many IM shots this cycle. =( WIth the help of DH, I KNOW you can get through this!

    Getting really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog through another TTC blog. Wishing and praying for success for you this time around! We are into our 2nd week wait after our 2nd IUI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh...I have an infertile kitchen too! Don't sweat the IM shots, they really aren't that bad. I do all my own (and actually did one on an airplane last night) and they hardly hurt at all. Heating up the syringe in a heating pad helps thin out the oil, I use sesame, a bit. Also, using 25 gauge needles makes for less soreness later.

    Good luck with your cycle. Sounds like your RE is a pefect fit for you and your DH--and that goes a LONG way in this process.

    Take care!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. It amazes me all that you have to endure for one round of IVF. I'm praying that this cycle will end with a HUGE BFP!!

    ReplyDelete