Well, we had our consultation with Dr. H this morning and the verdict is...we LOVE him!!! He was so nice and relaxed with us. He made us feel so comfortable and we didn't feel rushed at all. He made it seem like he had all the time in the world for us this morning. He was so thorough and truthful with us. He went over our last two failed IVF cycles in detail, which was a breath of fresh air. Our other doctor NEVER discussed many details with us and when we would ask questions we would get very vague answers.
Bottom line is that we need to improve the quality of our embryos. Dr. H feels like we have a decent chance of improving the quality of our embryos by using his embryology lab. We have heard nothing but rave reviews of his lab and their SART scores are really good. Dr. H did tell us that because of the severity of our infertility, our prognosis isn't great but it's not terrible either. He still feels like we have a good shot of getting pregnant through IVF.
After meeting with him for about an hour this morning, we decided to move foward with his clinic. We are going to hold off on the FET for now due to the poor quality of those embryos. Instead, we will immediately start a fresh cycle with Dr. H. He wrote me a prescription for BCPs and I will start those tonight. On Tuesday I will go in for a hystero.scopy to check my uterus. On Tuesday I will also be given the time line for this cycle and we will be assigned our own nurse that will be our contact person throughout this cycle. How awesome is that? No more rude or incompetent nurses!
Chris and I are so grateful for this opportunity and we are really excited to move forward with him! It always amazes me to see the ways that God works in our lives. We both really feel like this new clinic is where we're supposed to be. We're not going into this cycle with any expectations, but we'll be hoping for the best. Thank you for all of your support, comments and prayers! Keep them coming!!
P.S. To those of you here in Houston who commented and asked if Dr. H is the same Dr. H that you have seen...the answer is YES!










Wow! How things can change so quickly. Iam happy that you have a new plan and one that your are comfortable with. It's wonderful that you get assigned a 'contact' person. I am sure that you bring a little comfort to this whole process.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!! Congrats!! I'll be cheering you on this cycle and hoping the good fortune of the New Year blesses you!! :)
ReplyDeletei'm so happy for you guys. Being comfortable with the dr/nurses your working with makes ALL the difference in these situations! Takes some of the stress away. Praying Praying Praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh Courtney, that is so great! I pray that this is the change you need to have a successful IVF- I think it will be!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! I'm so hopeful for you! Hooray for Dr. H! =D
ReplyDeleteThis is an answer to prayer. I'm so happy for you. It's fantastic that you are able to move ahead so quickly. You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm SO glad that you guys feel so comfortable with Dr. H and the clinic!! It's so important. This last RE switch for DH and I was such a game-changer for us. We knew we wanted a new RE and so we interviewed a few and when we met Dr. K we just KNEW that he and his clinic was where God wanted us then. And then we finally got our BFP!! I hope this is the same situation for you!!
ReplyDeleteTerrific news!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you this week. I am so glad you are happy with your new doctor! I hope Denise is assigned as your nurse! : ) Love you!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news - so glad the appointment went well!!
ReplyDeleteOh Courtney! What an answered prayer and blessing! I think this change will give you the hope you need after all that you have endured! I am praying for you and a few other girls every single day that this is going to be THE CYCLE!!
ReplyDeleteSending you hugs!
Sarah