Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Perfect Gift from the BEST BFF Ever!!

I had to write a new post about this topic because it is so awesome that it deserves a post all to its own. Here's a little background. Ever since I was little, I have had this one little lovey that I absolutely cherished. I carried him everywhere and slept with him every night. He was my companion and I even snuck him to camp with me as a child. He went to college with me and yes, I STILL sleep with him! I know, I know, I'm 29 and married. I don't care, though! He is a Humpty Dumpty doll, or at least that's what he used to be. Over the last 29 years he has become pretty ragged looking and has undergone many cosmetic makeovers from my grandma and mom. I don't know why but I named him Bloop Bloop or Bloopy when I was little. He has been called either Bloop Bloop or Bloopy ever since. Chris knows how important this little rag of a doll is to me and if I lose him he always helps me search for him. Chris knows the world would end if I were to ever lose this little lovey of mine.

So, my best friend, Morgan, emailed me last week and said that she had found something for our future Bean and just had to buy it. She asked me if it was ok to go ahead and mail it to me and I said of course. I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this package. I knew that I was going to love it, but I had no idea just how special it was going to be. The package arrived in the mail today and I had no clue what it was. I anxiously ripped into the pacakge and began to unwrap the most amazing gift ever...a Humpty Dumpty doll for our future little Bean!!!!! She bought our future little Bean their very own Bloop Bloop! Tears rolled down my cheeks as I ran into our bedroom to show Chris what she had sent us. She also included the sweetest note ever that was written to our future Bean. She said in the note that future Bean's mom (ME!) had experienced a lot of love and comfort from her Bloop Bloop and that here was a Bloop Bloop for them to love and be comforted by. How sweet is that!? Of course more tears ensued as I read the sweet note. I don't think Chris could understand me as I read it aloud to him because the tears were just flowing. These were most definitely tears of joy, though. :-)

I couldn't ask for a more perfect gift!!! Morgan, you are truly the BEST BFF EVER!!!

Here's a picture of future Bean's Bloop Bloop!




26 comments:

  1. Awww. How blessed you are to have such an amazing friend. I was hoping for a picture and I was glad to see one at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! What a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I have tears in my eyes as well. We all need our own Bloop Bloop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is seriously too precious for words. I love that little Bloop Bloop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet!!!!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet and what a perfect gift!
    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love those special moments we have with our friends. They really make life so much richer.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely present! I wish you the very very best for this cycle, it has to work!!! love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! And what a joy it will be to give Humpty Dumpty to your little one one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw what a great story! Having friends that understand are the best!!! I totally love that you still sleep with your bloopy (I'm 29 too and I would totally do the same thing). I'm glad I found your blog...I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful thing for your friend to do, so very thoughtful.

    ICLW
    Rach
    www.thegalwho.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great present! I still have my childhood bear right next to my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How incredibly sweet!!! Made me tear up!

    ~Jess
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet gift...one that only a best friend would know to give! I hope your IVF cycle goes perfectly!

    Christina
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful bestie! I thought mine was the best in the world but yours seems to give her some major competition! :) New follower from ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so beyond amazing! Here from ICLW, look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the cutest thing ever! I had two lovey's a blanket and my Bark Dog, one of those battery-operated dogs that do back flips. I still have both!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWE, so sweet! Your friend is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are not alone. I have a stuffed dog named Rose that I still sleep with (at age 39!).

    Your BFF's gift is the perfect gift to start out IVF #3.

    All the best,

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a precious gift from a precious friend!

    Praying for a successful cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a thoughtful present! Hold that friend tightly! I'm sure she's been a stronghold for you through all of your IF stuff. We all need friends like that. ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great gift. How thoughtful! It's so wonderful to have the support of those you love!


    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck with this IVF cycle and you truly have a wonderful friend. Gifts like that are so very important.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  24. Blessings on you and your IVF cycle. That is such a sweet stuffy... it sounds like she is a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. what an amazing friend and what an adorable lovey! You truly are blessed!

    ReplyDelete