Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

8 Weeks & A Bitter-Sweet Goodbye

I am 8 weeks today. Woohoo! We had our last ultrasound with Dr. H today. He said that both babies are looking great. Baby A is measuring 16 mm with a heart rate of 150 bpm and Baby B is measuring 16.3 mm with a heart rate of 156 bpm. I just can't get enough of seeing and hearing our babies! Chris and I said our goodbyes to Dr. H and our nurse this morning. It was really bitter-sweet. It's exciting to be graduating to our OB, but at the same time it's sad to be moving on. I just LOVE Dr. H and our nurse. They have been incredible to work with and I was really sad to say goodbye this morning. Our nurse came up and gave us both a big hug and told us to please keep them updated. I can't wait to email her pictures of the twins once they're born!

My bump outed me at work today. Apparently I can't hide it anymore! Our office manager came up to me this afternoon and pointed at my stomach and kinda smiled. I told her yes, I'm pregnant and it's twins! She was very excited for us. She said that she had noticed some changes in me over the last week and thought that maybe the medications I was on were causing the changes, but today she was convinced that it was a baby bump and she was right. :-) At least it's looking more like a baby bump and not just extra bloat!

We'll be seeing our OB for the first time next week. I'm excited to see our babies again and we'll hopefully be viewing them on a more high-tech ultrasound machine. I can't wait! I'm SO ready for this three day weekend. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!




10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Those little ones are beautiful and moving to the OB is a moment to celebrate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a picture of your bump!! So exciting, but yeah...I can see how bittersweet it is. I'm sure I'm going to feel the same way when I have to leave Dr. Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 8 weeks! Congrats on graduating to an OB! And congrats again on Twins!

    The journey is a fabulous one...soak up every minute and every day - I'm half way home and I already feel like it's flown by way to fast...although I can't wait to meet our little girl! I have enjoyed this pregnancy so much and truly hope you enjoy yours as twice as much as I have - this is such a special time for you and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you reaching 8 weeks!! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post some pics of that baby bump!!!! What precious ultrasound pictures. Enjoy every second of the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna see shome belly shots, too. ;) Flaunt it if you've got it! Yay for 8 weeks and your graduation to OB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Twins! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through early cruising of the iclw list. Congrats on twins!

    ReplyDelete