So, I'm notorious for going into stores and not getting a cart or basket because I just need to grab "a few things". Well, those "few things" ALWAYS turn into a mountain of items that I have to juggle in my arms all the way back to the checkout register. Yesterday was no different. I stopped at Target on my way home to grab a few things and low and behold I ended up with a mountain of miscellaneous items in my arms! I really didn't know if I could make it all the way back to the register and I had noticed that there were stands with shopping baskets available at the end of some aisles. I began to quickly search for an aisle that had a shopping basket left on the stand and finally I found one. Yay! I wouldn't end up dropping everything on the floor in the middle of Target after all! :-)
I immedieately began to dump all my stuff into the basket, bent down in my dress to gracefully try to pick up the basket without flashing anyone and...it wouldn't come off the stand! Why you ask? Well, that would be because this basket was just part of the basket stand and not an actual basket for me to use! I felt like such a dork!! I proceeded to grab all of my stuff out of the basket and quickly went down that aisle to avoid the embarrassment of facing anyone who had witnessed this event. As I turn the corner of that aisle thinking I had escaped and no one had noticed I see this girl about my age walking towards me with this huge grin on her face. In her hand is a shopping basket that she so graciously grabbed for me on the next aisle over!! All I could do was laugh with her and thank her profusely!
So, the lesson learned is that from now on I will grab a basket when I walk into the store even if I think I'm just going in to grab "a few things"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Ha ha ha. What a good funny for today... and kudos to you for being able to laugh at yourself!
ReplyDelete