Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our kitchen has now become a pharmacy





We added a new drug to the mix tonight, it's called Cetrot.ide. This drug is used to suppress my body from trying to ovulate on its own. The other two meds have come in a vial and cartridges that were premixed, but the Cetrotide is a powder and liquid that has to be mixed right before the injection. Thank goodness this is a one-time injection because it makes me a tad bit uneasy to have to mix my meds on my own. Everything has to be so precise and I'm always afraid we're going to screw up. We took a picture of the needle that we had to use to insert the liquid into the vial filled with powder. Look at the size of this needle! This is NOT a nice needle! Thank goodness this did not have to go inside my abdomen. Chris would have had to chase me down and force it in me! :-) The other pic is of Chris filling the HUGE syringe with the mixed solution.

As I type I am officially having my first reaction to a fertility drug...a small, red, itchy rash at the injection site from the Cetro.tide. Oh my gosh it itches!! Chris keeps giving me ice cubes to put on the rash so I won't scratch it. He's such a good Dr. hubby! Apparently, this is normal and should go away in awhile. I sure hope so because man am I itchy!!!

Our next monitoring appointment is tomorrow morning, wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your appointment today! I go in tomorrow as well for my appt.. Have a good week!
    Rathi

    ReplyDelete