Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Sunday it is!!!

My appointment with Dr. G went well this morning. My twelve largest follies were between 17-20mm today and he said we are on schedule to have my egg retrieval on Sunday!!! I'm both excited and nervous. I just want to know that the embryologist will have a great number of mature eggs and little swimmers to work with on Sunday, and that my eggs will fertilize, and that we end up with a good number of excellent quality embryos...is that too much to ask??? :-)

Chris just gave me my last injection. Yay!! This was my trigger shot which helps my follies to mature and to get my body ready to ovulate. I sure hope that they are in tip top shape by Sunday morning. We found out from Dr. G today that Chris will be allowed to accompany me to the procedure room and watch them retrieve my eggs. I will be under anesthesia but I'm glad that he will be there with me, even though I won't know it at the time. I'm so glad that he will get to experience that with me.

I just can't wait to know that we have embryos growing. This will be the closest we have ever been to having a baby. I wish I could stand guard in the embryology lab next week and keep our embryos company. I wish I could talk to them in their little petri dishes and tell them encouraging things to help them divide and develop properly. I know I probably sound like a crazy, hormonal woman. Please don't send the men in the white coats after me! :-)

Please keep us in your prayers on Sunday. We are putting this in God's hands and we know that He has a great plan for us. We just hope that His plan includes us getting pregnant this cycle! I will try to update Sunday evening or Monday morning, depending on how I'm feeling. I have taken Monday off since I won't know how I'll be feeling and if we don't get a good fertilization report on Monday I would rather be at home instead of at work.

Thanks for all the love and support you have all shown us!

6 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed, love yall and am eagerly awaiting the news!

    Chase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely thinking and praying for you! Hope it goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, I can't wait for you to have your ER and ET and BFP! I was totally the same way about having the embyros in the lab- I bet everyone feels that way. Then, when they were back where they belonged, I almost wanted them back in the lab because I was so scared it was all up to me at that point! I am hoping for lots of sperm to choose from for you two on Sunday. GL, GL, GL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited and will be praying tomorrow! I went in today for an ultrasound and bloodwork, they said my progesterone is a little high so to come back tomorrow! Excited for our retrieval on Thursday hopefully!! Good luck with everything and lots of hugs and prayers!
    RATHI

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm sure everything will go well and you will have lots of follies. Keep us updated and congrats to getting to the ER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you all day! Sounds like you have a great number of follies, so I am sure everything will be great! Cant wait to hear how the ER goes.

    ReplyDelete