Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

This is going to be a looong week

I finally got a call from Dr. G's office this afternoon with our fertilization report. I called after 11:00 AM this morning as directed and had to leave a message for someone to call me back. When the IVF coordinator finally called me back this afternoon she had the nerve to ask me, "Did you forget to call this morning like you were told?" I promptly said, "No, I called at 11:05 AM this morning and had to leave a message. No one ever returned my call." Whatever, she has been on my list since she caused some major stress for us at the end of last week that turned out to be a big mistake on her part and totally unneccesary.

On to the news, though. Out of the 17 eggs they took from me yesterday 14 were mature and 6 actually fertilized. Yay!!! I can't believe we have 6 little embryos growing in the lab right now. 6 little Chris and Courtneys. It's still sinking in with both of us. Life has been created and I so badly want to see a picture of them and see how they're doing. I want to hold them in their little petri dishes and talk to them. I know they're still at the early embryo stage and need to keep dividing properly over the next several days, but to us they're still our little miracles, our little babies.

I have to call Dr. G's office again on Wednesday morning to get a report on how they're doing. If they're still doing well we will go in late Friday morning for a 5 day transfer. Right now the plan is to transfer 2. If the embryologist feels it would be better not to wait that long then I'll have the transfer Wednesday afternoon. This is going to be such a long week as we wait for the progress reports of our embies.

Thank you, God, for our 6 little miracles. Please keep them safe and strong in their temporary home this week.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for six miracles! I'm praying for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I have such high hopes for you! Your news is sounding just like mine: Sunday ER, Friday ET, 6 fert... (and we both know how mine ended up):) I hope the similarities continue (well, except that you have frosties too). I KNOW how long this week will be for you- rent lots of movies, read a good book, do whatever you can to pass the time quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for the six little ones! You are in my prayers! Grow embies grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the six little babies. I am keeping you in my prayers!!!! My IVF journey is ending today as it is my first beta. Not very hopeful but trying to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for six miracles. I will be praying for them.

    I will be thinking about you for your transfer.

    Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
    No. 95: The Unfair Struggle (male-factor infertility, good friends, neighborhood rumblings)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay...congrats on the 6 little embryos. Hope they grow and thrive.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grow little embryos grow!!! :D
    *iclw*

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome!! I hope they all grow like little weeds!!

    Here from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like good things coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 6 miracles! They ARE miracles from God :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to you and hoping they all continue growing and dividing. A prayer for both of you that your wait is full of joyfdul diversions

    ReplyDelete