Wednesday, September 9, 2009
P.S.
I forgot to tell all of you about the most exciting part of our 3 day weekend! We have been planning for awhile to re-paint and re-carpet our two spare bedrooms. We were running errands Monday so we decided to stop at this carpet store to get some quotes. The man was really nice and showed us what we were looking for. Then, as we're standing there looking over some color swatches he says the unthinkable..."Do you have kids?", we reply "No, not yet" so he says "Well, you better not wait too long. My son is 29 and he told me that if he had known how wonderful it would be to have a child he wouldn't have waited so long to have one!" Yah, he actually said that to us. I was in total shock. I wasn't about to delve into our infertility issues with a complete stranger, so instead we just smiled, nodded our heads and said "yes, you're probably right." Ugh. As if that wasn't enough, as we were on our way out the door he yelled to us again "don't forget to get started on those kids soon!" Mr. Carpet Man may not be getting my business now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Geez.... just when you think you are safe with being faced with that kind stuff... I guess nowhere's safe, huh?
ReplyDeleteMan, that's crazy!! Ugh.
ReplyDeletecourtney - i'm so glad you commented so i can keep up with your journey too! i am praying for you and know that god will bless you as you follow him and his path. try not to let comments get to you. people are silly and truly don't think before they speak sometimes. a verse i came across recently helped me with all the insane comments i get from complete strangers about our family - i now try to make a choice not to be offended by what people say to me and to just give a smile and go on with my day.
ReplyDelete"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." Proverbs 19:11 .
if you ever want to talk or need a shoulder - i'm here! i'd love to get together! for now, i will pray with you! -mari
Good grief!! Way to keep your cool with that guy...I don't know if I would have had the self-control!
ReplyDeleteOne of my 3rd graders asked me the other day if I had kids and when I said "not yet" he asked why? Well, little Johnny, I have infertility. lol...no, no - I just told him because I have 22 children right here at school! Kids.