Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tid Bits


Well, I still haven't started a new cycle. I really despise playing the waiting game. Can't we just move on with IVF #2 already??? I have my next acupuncture appointment tomorrow afternoon. I think the last appointment cleared up my migraines. I haven't had one since last week! So, next time you have a migraine...just stick a needle in the top of your head! It worked for me! :-)


This weekend I was at Learning Express shopping for a gift. I LOVE that place! While I was perusing the book section, I noticed a book on the lower shelf that I just HAD to buy. My niece has a version of this book and I think it is such a cute idea. Up until then, I had not purchased any baby-related items for our future munchkins. I just didn't want to do that to myself, but this book needed a home. So for now, its new home is on the bookshelf in the room that will one day be the nursery. What can I say? It was the first weekend of college football and this book is obviously a must read for our future little Red Raiders!!!


In other news, we had something rather scary happen last night. Chris got an email from our bank telling us that they had flagged our checking account for fraudulent activity. Chris immediately logged into our account and to our astonishment...we had been cleaned out! Someone managed to steal Chris' debit card number and replicated a fake card with his number. They then proceeded to use this fake card to rack up quite a nice bill at Randall's, Target and Walgreens. Chris called the bank and thankfully they are taking care of the fraudulent charges and refunding our account. Chris' card has been cancelled and he will receive a new one. One thing I found quite humorous during Chris' conversation with the customer service rep last night was that he kept telling Chris to "continue to use your new card with confidence". Um, okay, sure buddy. How in the heck are you supposed to have confidence in using your debit card when someone has just wiped out your account by stealing your number and making a fake card???
I was watching back to back episodes of Law & Order last night while this was happening, (I LOVE that show) so of course I wanted to find out exactly which stores in Houston this card was used in, find out exactly what day and time it was used, search the store's security tapes looking for this person and then let the cops have at them! I doubt this will happen but the customer service rep did tell Chris that the bank has the right to pursue this matter with the police and file an official fraud claim. I won't be holding my breath on that happening, though.
Our life is never dull! Hope you're all having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the acupuncture is working! A needle to the head. Who would've thought? =)

    And I'm glad you bought the Baby Texas A&M book! You *will* get use out of it with your little one/s some day. I know it!

    That's so scary about your debit card! I had something similar happen, but fortunately the A-holes were only able to buy a couple $80 train tickets before I caught on. Who do these crooks think they are? I seriously don't understand how people rationalize this type of behavior in their minds. Glad the bank is working with you to set things straight!

    p.s. If Chris has any bills set up with automatic payment, make sure he alerts them to his new card number! That was something I forgot to do, and I ended up accruing a few late fees. Ooops. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That same thing happened to me this summer. You guys can file a police report, just to have it on record. My card was used at Target, all the way over off of 59, almost to Richmond I think? I informed them that location was outside of my 10 mile radius! Hope everything gets cleared up. Isn't that frustrating?!

    Oh by the way, the police officer that worked my case told me that they were doing this a LOT at restaurants...you put your card on the table. The waiter takes it back to swipe, but they also swipe it into a card reader (hidden back there somewhere). They take that card reader home, swipe a blank card thru it and it picks up your number. He told us to pay cash at sit down restaurants, unless we want to accompany the waiter to go swipe the card...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super scary! I'm so freaked out by identity theft and really don't know how to prevent it. How does your husband think his number got stolen?

    And here's hoping your next cycle starts soon. Not having migraines sounds like at least a minor consolation prize?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.WHY didn't you tell me about the bank thing this morning????
    2.Sooo glad the bank is cooperating.
    3. And MOST IMPORTANTLY,
    MEG-----If you will read the post again, you will see that Courtney wisely bought the TEXAS TECH book, not the A&M book. :O) (Please know I am just teasing you...)

    ReplyDelete