I called Dr. G's office this morning because I am still waiting for a new cycle. They called in a prescription of Prom.etrium that I will take for 5 days and this should jump start a new cycle. They had to do this last time too so I wasn't surprised that we had to do it again this time. When I called the office I had the pleasure of speaking with the nurse that I am convinced is completely incompetent. She skimmed my chart and made an assumption. Dr. G had given us the option of having an endometrial lining function test with this new cycle, but he said that he really didn't feel that it was necessary. Chris and I chose not to move forward with this test right now because it would push our frozen embryo transfer off at least another month and we really need to get as many cycles in as we can before May. We made this clear to Dr. G at our last appt. in November.
For some reason, the nurse just skimmed my file and assumed that this test needed to be done. After going around in circles with her on the phone this morning I just decided to get off the phone, take a breath and call Chris. He agreed that this was the test that we had decided not to do right now so I called back and explained all this to the nurse. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes while she read through my file again. When she got back on the phone she told me that yes, I was right and that we did not have to do this test. Thank you!! We could have avoided the confusion and frustration if she just would have read my file correctly the first time. Oh well. It's a new year and I'm not going to let her spoil it for me!
So as of now we're in a holding pattern. As soon as a new cycle starts I will begin the birth control pills on day 3 and then go from there. Unfortunately I don't have any other specifics right now. Hopefully I'll get to talk to the other nurse next time. :-)









As much schooling nurses go through and as much money they make, you would think they could actually read your file and not skim it-sheesh! So glad you know what is up and set her straight. I can't wait to see how this cycle goes...I'm praying for a BFP! :)
ReplyDeleteSo far, 2010 has been great!
How frustrating. Glad you got that taking care of. And yay for almost getting started! I hope that this cycle will be IT for you girl! You know you are always in my prayers!
ReplyDeletePraying for you as you get ready to move forward!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! Incompetant nurses = :( Hoping for a successful FET to start your new year off right!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't there always one incompetent nurse in the bunch?! Hope things are smooth sailing from here! Best of luck!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad things got sorted out for you! Sending AF vibes your way!
ReplyDeleteUgh! You're a patient lady. I probably would have found myself screaming at that nurse. =) Glad everything got squared away!
ReplyDeleteAnd wow! Your next cycle is almost here! SO exciting! Crossing my fingers for a BFP!
Praying for you this cycle!
ReplyDeleteStacy
ICLW
The new IVF nurse at my office sounds similar - I'm struggling to bite my tongue every time I speak to her!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for standing your ground...praying for a successful cycle!
Hey girl!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that if it an endometrial biopsy they wanted to do, you should do it. There have been recent studies that show doing this can help with implantation in the next cycle. In one study where a group of women had had failed IVF cycles, almost all of them got pregnant after having a biopsy the month before.
I also got pregnant after I did this (Granted, mine ended in miscarriage, but at least we had implantation this time).
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, it's just something I wanted to let you know. I would feel bad if I didn't pass along some knowledge that I've learned.
Of course, God is the one who is ultimately in control no matter what ! Just pray to him.
Here is the link to that study if you are interested.
http://www.nefertility.com/ivf/ivf-special-considerations/endometrial-activation/
There are other studies too. Just thought I'd pass along the info.
Hugs to you,
Sarah