Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

IVF #3

We had a meeting with our nurse, Susan yesterday. We signed all the paperwork, discussed the meds and injections instructions and received our official schedule our our IVF cycle. She actually took the time to explain the paperwork to us (not that we didn't already understand it, but still it's nice that they're so thorough). This cyle will be somewhat different from our last two cycles. I am still taking the BCPs and will stop taking them next Wednesday. On Monday, I will begin taking one Lup.ron injection each night and will also begin a low dose steroid that I take by mouth. I have never been on Lup.ron before so if any of you ladies that have taken it have any advice or words of wisdom please let me know. :-) My first monitoring appt. will be on Feb. 4th. They will take blood and scan my uterus and ovaries that morning to make sure that everything is nice and suppressed. If that is the case then I will start the follicle stimulating hormone injections on Feb. 6th. I will be taking 150 IUs of Follist.im in the morning and then also an injection of Menopu.r in the evening. I have never taken Menopu.r so again, any advice would be welcomed!

Our egg retrieval will be sometime the week of Feb. 15-19th. Unfortunately, Dr. H does not allow the spouses to be in the procedure room for the egg retrieval but Chris will get to be with me in the recovery room before and after. I'll be under anesthesia during the retrieval anyway so I won't realize that he's not there. :-) I will have an actual anesthesiologist from the hospital next door to our clinic come over to administer the "cocktail" to me that morning. Our last clinic did not use anesthesiologists for some reason.

We have about two weeks now until full craziness ensues with all the injections and monitoring appointments. Once you get to that point the time really seems to fly by. I should be receiving all the meds at our house sometime this week or on Saturday. I sure hope they get here in time!

Wish us luck! IVF take 3 has begun!!


8 comments:

  1. Sorry, can't offer any advice about the meds. But I can say I wish nothing but the best for you this cycle!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new doctor and this new protocol! I took Lupron my last cycle. I did get a few headaches from it, but overall it was much better than I thought it would be. I also did Menopaur. I thought it stung a bit when it was injected, but the burn went away very quickly. Crossing my fingers that this is the one for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I hope third time is the charm girl! I will be cycle stalking you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken lupron and menopure. I had no side effects from teh lupron and not really anythign from menopure, but I agree with belowaverageathlete that it did sting a little, but when you're used to progesterone injections with that big needle it's all relative!!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo HOO, lady! Bring it on!

    I wish I could give you injection/side effects advice......but I haven't yet started any meds. Who knows, I may be asking YOU for advice in the not too distant future. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. The lupron shot is not bad. The menopur shot is not as fun, i got a few bruises from it. Ya the progesterone shots are the worst, the side effects as well as the huge needle but those meds are what worked for me, so in the end it's all worth it! Loved the post about the doll for your Bean, so sweet! Happy Wednesday and praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting time! I had headaches from the Diphereline (U.K. equivalent of Lupron) during my first IVF, but I don't think they were that bad until the Gonal F was added.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on the exact same protocol, but one week behind you!!! CRAZY!! (This is the protocol that I used with my daughter as well).
    Lupron gave me hot flashes and I had a hard time sleeping...which is normal when you have suppressed your estrogen supply.
    Menopur burns some.
    I don't remember any side effects from the Follistim.
    I haven't picked up my drugs yet. I'm still waiting to start my period (should start tomorrow!). I keep hoping that that 1% chance I'll get pregnant on my own thing might miraculously happen this month...yeah, right! Stupid thought, I know!
    So, next week I will humbly take my DAD with me to the pharmacy to pick up my 5K worth of drugs. It's kind of embarrassing, but we need all the financial help we can with this cycle...so we aren't working until we are 80 b/c we spent our retirement money on IVF!
    Can't wait to hear all your reports!!! I hope it's a good one for both of us!!!

    ReplyDelete