Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Ultrasound - TWINS!!!!!

Wow, what an amazing day this has been! Two weeks ago today we received the awesome news that we're expecting. Today we found out that we're having TWINS!!!! We were able to see both sacs and all the parts that are visible at 6 weeks. Baby is measuring right at 6 weeks and had a heart rate of 91 bpm. Baby B is measuring at 5 weeks 6 days and had a heart rate of 95 bpm. It was so amazing see our teeny, tiny babies and seeing their little hearts flicker on the screen. Even more amazing was hearing both of their heartbeats. Most amazing sound EVER!! Right now I'm making a prediction that Baby A is a boy and Baby B is a girl. We'll find out in May! The ultrasound tech said that everything looked perfect. Yay! She said they didn't need to see me again for two weeks but I could come in next week again if I wanted to. Yes, please! I most definitely took her up on that offer!

I'm still in shock and so amazed. It amazes me how something as tiny as a grain of rice can have a heartbeat. Thank you God for these two amazing blessings! This pregnancy definitely became more real for me today. Chris and I are both just beyond excited! Thank you all so much for the prayers and support. I was sooo nervous for the ultrasound today but once again God showed me that He is in control and He just keeps blessing us more than we deserve. :-)

I'll leave you with pictures of our precious little ones!




25 comments:

  1. So you can totally tell now that I'm a blogspot stalker..oh well - I'll take it!

    CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Such great news! I'm so happy for you!

    Here's a link to the fetal dopplers I mentioned...
    http://www.babybeat.com/fetal-dopplers.html
    I got the $26/month - and it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH MMMMYYYY GOOOOSSSSHHHH!!! WOOO HOOO!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats Courtney. This is so exciting!!!!! This is so incredible! God is good!!
    xoxoxoxo
    Love you~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been stalking your blog ALL DAY waiting to hear the good news of healthy TWINS!!! YAY! GOD IS AWESOME!!! I know ya'll are on cloud nine right now! I totally agree with the gender prediction! Boy and girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't those pictures AMAZING!!!!! Love you bunches! And you have a Lilypie up! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. COURTNEY!!! THRILLED TO THE MOON AND BACK for you!!! Welcome to the pregnant-after-IVF-Twins-Club! Double the blessings, double the love. God works in wonderful ways. I know that my IF was God working in mysterious ways to bring me my twins, and I know the same for you too.

    I have to say... I had a feeling, especially since your betas were so close to mine, but I didn't want to say anything to jinx it!

    Soak this in- and don't spend too much time right now worrying. I'll be there for you to pick my brain- ask any questions you come up with!

    AHHH! I just have to say it again: I am so THRILLED for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Courtney! You're well on your way to a family of FOUR (well, 6 I guess. Can't forget the fur babies!)! Can you believe it???

    HUGE HUGE HUGE congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so wonderful! I am so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Double congratulations!! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! I am so, so excited for you. Twins are so much fun - you will get to see so much of their personalities on ultrasound as they grow! My Baby A has been so active from the first time I saw him move, while his sister is more laid back. The other day, we saw him push her backside - a not-so-sublte hint that he wanted more room. :) Praising the Lord for your precious miracles, and praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best news of the day, for sure! Courtney, this is just too exciting! Can you believe it...two little gifts from God growing away and anxious to meet their mommy and daddy! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew it!! I am so excited!! I agree with you - Baby A is a boy and Baby B is a girl!! God always blesses us "exceeding abundantly beyond all we could ask or imagine"!! We will continue to pray for a healthy full-term pregnancy. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY TOLEDO!!! How incredibly exciting!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited that you were able to see and HEAR both heartbeats! What a blessed day!

    Congrats again, so excited to see how things progress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray!! What a great blessing! I pray you are all doing well and staying healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!!!! Twins!!! How exciting!! I am sooo happy for you! Congratulations! That is awesome you could hear both heartbeats, and they are both measuring right on schedule! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY!!! I was so hoping it would be twins! I am still so happy for you. I just can't stand it! That's wonderful that you were able to hear and see both heartbeats. So amazing and precious! You are already the best Mommy to those little ones. I am looking forward to following your pregnancy journey. Take care and try to relax and enjoy every moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee!! Congratulations on the twins!! Excited to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Courtney I'm so excited for you guys!!! keeping those prayers coming and can't wait to hear all about the twin pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy for you!!!!! Many congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am just through the roof excited for you and Chris. My Chris said he knew all along it had to be twins, I said that wasn't fair, he has insider knowledge in that field :)haha. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just knew it! Well, I had a very strong feeling!! Congratulations girl!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations...
    Doing a little blog hopping...I have 2 GREAT GIVEAWAYS that I will draw for tomorrow night... hope you will stop by.....

    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. congratulations! YAY!

    AND...happy ICLW!!

    ReplyDelete