Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

So far so good!

I went in for another blood test this morning. They were only going to check my estrogen level, but my nurse said that I could have another beta this morning if I wanted one. Yes, please! My beta today was at 833! I am so relieved that this pregnancy is still moving in the right direction. My estrogen was really good as well so I was able to take off the last Viv.elle estrogen patch today. Woohoo! Now all I have to take is my prenatal vitamins, baby aspirin and the progesterone shots.

I still wake up every morning and think to myself, wow I'm really pregnant. This isn't a dream! I feel so incredibly blessed that God has created this miracle or these miracles inside me! I can't wait until our first ultrasound on the 17th. I just want to know that everything is ok and to find out how many buns are in the oven. :-) Right now my estimated due date is November 10th. My birthday is on November 4th. What an amazing 30th birthday present this will be!!!

So far I'm feeling really good. I've just been really tired. I feel like all I did this weekend was sleep. As my sister told me this morning, "You'll never not be tired again"! I just wish that I could let go of all these fears and worries. I am enjoying this pregnancy and just soaking up every minute, but I can't help but worry that the rug is going to be pulled out from under us. I really hate that infertility does this to couples. When will the worry and fears go away? Every night I pray that God will just hold our baby(ies) in His hands and protect them. I pray that He will take away these worries and fears. I need to remember that He is in control and that He only wants the best for us and our family. Why is it that these lessons are always so hard to learn???

14 comments:

  1. Yea! Happy to hear all is going well! I don't think the worry/fear ever goes away as soon as you see the positive pregnancy test, whether you had trouble conceiving or not!! :) The worries change, but are still there! But, you're right, God is in control, so sit back and enjoy! Will continue praying...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everythink is great. I don't believe the worries will go away, just turn into other worries once he/she is born. Make sure to keep God first in your life and he will hold you tight..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to read about another great beta! The worry and fears never go away. For me, I still wake up each morning amazed that I am going to be a mom. I have to remind myself to trust Him and know that His plan for my family is more than I could ever imagine. And that gives me hope. Still praying, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee for a beautiful strong beta!! Congrats!! And from one preggo to another my worry never ends, as you saw from my crazy blog post yesterday. It diminished for a while, but it came back stronger than ever. I've learned to sort of compartmentalize it. Maybe it's part of being a mommy. Relax and try to enjoy being pregnant!! Can't wait to hear about your u/s!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you! I just found your blog as we begin our journey to pregnancy while battling infertility. I'm sure once you have the U/S you'll be able to rest easier and relax, but I also know how much I hate people telling me to just relax and not stress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Courtney, I know exactly how you feel, as I'm sure does every single woman who has walked down this path. I've had anxiety in my mind and heart every day since the first IVF shot to even today, 13 days before my due date. But it is a great reminder to cast your cares on the Lord, that's for sure.

    I've even started, when I pray, not asking the Lord to keep my baby in his hands, but instead praising him for keeping my baby in his hands. Kind of strange, perhaps, but it changes my mindset from one of anxiety and pleading to one of praise.

    Hang in there...can't wait for your u/s on the 17th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YaY for more good news! Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news...the exhaustion only gets worse! I'm now 4 months along and I'm just now staying up past 8 o'clock again...you'll also be wishing for afternoon naps! Also, for anyone who has had difficulty getting pregnant or staying pregnanct dealing with fear and worry is a daily process. My only advice is to take one day at a time...each day, week, and month that passes will feel like a milestone. Keep thinking positive, follow doctors orders and leave the rest up to God.

    Love you Courtney and I'm so glad that things are going to so well. Can't wait to see your first U/S pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that your little one(s) are growing perfectly. I don't blame you for wanting the third beta test! Any test for relief I would be in for. As far as the worrying, it's normal. But just like you said in your post, God is in control and worrying is not going to help. Just trust in him and he will always be taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking the same thing this morning. I was wondering when will I get to celebrate that this is real. Thanks for your perspective on it! Glad to hear about those great betas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the good results! I hope your next week goes fast so you can see that baby(ies)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'll feel so much better after the first trimester in terms of tiredness. you have to remember you are growing vital organs right now...that's hard work.
    And you will feel a lot better mentally once you start feeling the baby move really well (around 20 weeks to feel them decently). You'll start seeing a little belly grow and feel that precious one move and it will make you feel so much better.
    But you ALWAYS worry about your kids...before AND after they are born! Welcome to being a mother!! This is what it feels like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't remember if I had chance to say Congrats! You just relish each moment of your gift of your pregnancy! Lifting prayers for a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney~ So glad everything is going so well!! Can't wait until your u/s!! Prayers continue for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad things are going well!!! You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete