As you know, our little Logan got to come home from the hospital last Monday afternoon. We are so happy to have our little man home again! I'm going to ask all of you to keep praying for Logan. We found out on Wednesday that something is wrong with his heart. We had to go back to Tex.as Child.ren's for an EKG and an echocardiogram. The EKG looked good, but the echo showed that something had not formed properly with the heart muscle in his left ventricle. The specialist that we saw specializes in arrhythmias and not cardiomyopathy, so her best guess is that he has something called non-compaction of the left ventricle. This is apparently a very complex condition and very complicated to diagnose. We have been referred to another cardiologist who specializes in cardiomyopathy. Unfortunately, we won't be able to see her for two weeks. We have NO idea how minor or serious the problem is or if this is even what he has. Please pray that if there is something wrong that it is very minor.
I cannot even begin to describe how hard all of this has been. There is nothing more heartbreaking than knowing that something is wrong with your child and not being able to do anything for them. I HATE the waiting game. I want his appointment to be tomorrow. I want them to tell us that they made a mistake and there is absolutely nothing wrong with his heart. I hate that I am now starting to experience some depression from all of this. I just want to enjoy our new little family and not have to feel this way. I wish there was a magic button I could push that would snap me out of it. I want to hold Logan and cry tears of joy instead of tears of sadness at the thoughts of what might be in his future with this heart issue. I am SO incredibly grateful for these precious babies. Is it too much to ask for them to be healthy, though? What parent doesn't want that for their children?
I'll leave you on a happy note. Here is a picture of Logan and Paige on their first Halloween. :-)


He is in my thoughts. All of your are!
ReplyDeleteThe picture is super cute!
Oh Courtney, I am so sorry to hear about Logan. I know you are so anxious to get him to the next specialist. I'll be praying for you and your family. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteAmy
They are such beautiful little ones Mama!! I'm sorry you are experiencing this difficult time and my thoughts are with you and your family. I hope the time before your appointment passes quickly.
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of prayers. They are so precious and look so adorable in their Halloween outfits. Best wishes for good news.
ReplyDeleteThey are so precious! I will pray for Logan and all of you for sure. I really really hope you will get the best news possible. I am sorry you have to wait so long, I hope the time will pass fast for you.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you all are going through this. I know how much you just want everything to be normal for once and not to worry anymore. I pray that baby Logans condition isn't serious and can be easily remedied and I pray that your depression subides and that only happy days lie ahead for you. Keep your head up momma and give those babies a hug and kiss for me.
ReplyDelete~Kate
I am so sorry to hear this - you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeletePraying for your sweet baby Logan....
ReplyDeleteHang in there Court! You are in my thoughts and prayers also :)
Jenn
Oh Courtney, I just can't imagine. Boy, as if your hormones aren't messed up enough after having a baby, coupled with a lack of sleep, throw this on top and I think I'd crash. So don't feel bad at all about any depression. This is a very tough time. I'm praying for little Logan AND his mommy and daddy! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOh dear... I truly truly hope it's going to be nothing at all. You are all in my prayers. Fran
ReplyDeleteOh Courtney- I have some idea of what you are going through, as we were told about Anna's CHD a few days after birth. Then with our twins' severe reflux on top of that, I can totally relate to how you are feeling. Hang in there. Sending you lots of love, hugs, and good thoughts for Logan.
ReplyDeleteSweet COF friend, I am praying for you and following your babies with your blog!! Please let me know if you need anything, I live in Coles Crossing so I must be close to you guys. I am home with my kids during the day so if you need to talk.. or laugh... or cry I am here for you!!
ReplyDeleteWith love and prayers,
Susan
281.203.8075
I am so very sorry to hear about this. I will be sending tons of good vibes and prayers your way that this is just a minor thing. I will get him in on the prayer circle at church too girl! I have been dealing with Matthew needing blood transfusions, so I get what you mean about that helpless feeling that just breaks your heart to bits. *BIG HUGS*
ReplyDeleteI just happened across your blog. I wanted to let you know that I was just told that I have the same heart defect as Logan does. I found out in July that I have it. I have had it all my life, but it was just found this summer. I'm 29 yrs old and I did have another heart defect at birth, but for the past 28 years this defect has gone un-noticed. Infact, my cardiologist said that I am the 1st patient she knows of that has found out about this defect before something bad happens.
ReplyDeleteI am very interested in chatting with you about this heart stuff.
I'll be praying for Logan and the up-coming tests.
Emily
If you go to my blog page and leave me a comment I can tell you all I know about this heart defect.
I didn't know you had a blog. I am glad I saw you as a follower on mine and clicked on it!!! PRECIOUS!!! I can't wait to see Logan and Paige again! Praying for you guys...think of you often!
ReplyDelete