Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Randomness & Welcome ICLWers

I know I've been a horrible blogger lately. There just hasn't been anything new or exciting going on. I'm still going to acupuncture once a week and it's going really well. I haven't had any headaches since my first appointment! This week will be my fourth one so I hope things continue to go well. Today is cycle day 41...I still haven't started a new cycle. :-( I called the RE's office last week and Dr. G decided to put me on 250mg of Prometrium for five days to try and jump start my new cycle to start. I started taking the prescription on Friday so let's hope it works!





Chris and I decided to go ahead and get started with the renovation of one of our spare bedrooms. Chris stripped out the old carpet and padding and we primed and painted the bedroom this weekend. I'm so proud of us because I think we make a great team and we did a pretty good job! :-) While we were painting, I was reminded of this book that I used to absolutely LOVE when I was little. It's called "Big Dog...Little Dog". I am only 5'4 and Chris is 6'1, so needless to say I took care of the lower half of the walls and Chris took care of the upper half and the ceiling. I nicknamed us Fred and Ted! :-)




I went to my first Zumba class last week and LOVED it! It is so much fun and such a great workout. I can't wait until my next class tomorrow night. Our instructor is so goofy and full of energy. She definitely makes it fun! I desperatley need to start working out on a regular basis again, but it's just so hard for me to get motivated. It's really going to be hard now that my favorite shows are starting up again. Thankfully we have DVR so hopefully I'll be able to kick it into gear and get a routine going again.

I promise to be better about blogging. Hopefully things will start to pick up again soon with our next IVF cycle. To all of you from ICLW...Welcome! Some of the blogs I follow have been really sad lately. There has been a lot of heartache and tears the last couple of weeks and my heart just breaks for these girls. Infertility is hard enough, but to add a miscarriage to the mix is just unfathomable. Please stop by Amy's blog, Eileen's blog and Fran's blog and show them some love and support. I'm praying for you girls and hope that your hearts continue to heal a little more each day.

17 comments:

  1. Glad that the acupuncture is working and that you don't have any headaches. I hope the promemtrium works for you. It worked well for me.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a Zumba class at my gym right before the pilates class that I take. I watch in amazement at it each week. Looks like a great workout but I'm not sure I have the dance skills to survive. Good for you! And here's hoping that your cycle starts ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are like the 12th person to tell me how much they love zumba, i am starting to think the universe is trying to tell me something. glad you got the spare room done!

    ILCW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about Zumba too! I hope it continues to work for you! I too have an addiction to my DVR, so I try to work out in the mornings!

    Have a great day!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge advocate of acupuncture. So glad to hear its working well for you.

    Hoping AF shows up for you soon! And best wishes on your upcoming cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zumba class sounds like a great workout! Since moving to the english country side I haven't even been able to find a decent yoga class *sigh*. Hope you get your cycle jump started, so you can get the circus on the road :-)

    Stopping by from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the acupuncture is working for the headaches. And I LOVE Zumba!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a sweet girl, thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog! Big hugs to you back and I absolutely adored the big Dog Little Dog story!! Much love, Fran

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking about taking a Zumba class myself...sounds like you had a blast !

    Have a great day !
    ~~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard Zumba is a lot of fun. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your cycle and the renovations! Hope you post pictures of the renovations when you're done.

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you are enjoying acu! I am thinking of starting going myself. Good luck with you upcoming IVF cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really do feel for you on the long cycle. I'm on CD66 today with nothing happening. Hopefully your new cycle will get underway very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my love.

    I love love love Zumba! I haven't found a class where we live but I used to go all the time before we moved!

    Re-the new Dan Brown book...BUY IT!! Its really good!!
    :)

    I'm so jealous about your renovations!!
    I can't wait until we get to perform Extreme Home makeover on our house! lol

    x
    Sass

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard of Zumba, I might need to check it out! Glad that your renovations went so well. GL w/your upcoming cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also love ZUMBA :) Its fun and funky and is a hard workout!

    Saying Hi from South African for ICLW :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zumba huh? Wonder if there are any classes here in Cairo??? Acupuncture is awesome, I did it back in the USA and my chinese doctor spoke no english, waved incense around and it was the best month I ever had, i felt so good in all ways! Enjoy and glad its working!!! - ICLW

    ReplyDelete