A HUGE thank you to all of you who left me sweet, encouraging comments and sent me emails! I couldn't make it through this journey without all of you. :-) Today was a much better day. My UTI is starting to get better I think, but it still gets pretty uncomfortable in the afternoons. I think I'm on the mend, though. I felt much more encouraged today too. I just wish sometimes that God would give us a litle glimpse of our future. It would be nice to know how long we have to wait until we get to be parents, but that's not how it works. So, I just have to cling to my faith and trust that God's plans are ALWAYS better than ours.
I have to give a shout out to my sweet husband. He has done such a great job of taking care of me over the weekend and this week. I couldn't have made it through without him. Thanks Christopher Patrick, I love you more than you'll ever know! He's also constantly making sure that I'm not doing anything to jostle the embryos around. We went to Luby's for dinner last night because we both just needed some comfort food. Chris decided that I didn't need to carry my tray because it might be too heavy and so I had to ring the bell and wait for this high school girl to come get my tray for me. I felt so bad asking her to carry my tray for me. She must have thought that I was a complete whacko or extremely high maintenance. Ha!
I'm SO glad that tomorrow is Friday. I'm ready for next Wednesday to be here already! I hope everyone has a great weekend!









You're doing a great job, Courtney! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI know this wait is excruciatingly long, but just try to sop up tons o' love from your hubby (sounds like you're doing a good job on that front!) and keep your mind at peace. *hugs*
There's a psychic who lives down the street from me and everytime I pass her place there's a sign that says $10 readings. I always wanted to go in there and pay $10 for her to tell me how long we'd be waiting for our little one. I know all that psychic stuff is mumbo jumbo but I felt like if someone could tell me some sort of time frame things would be so much easier. I'm no psychic or expert but I know you'll be blessed with what you seek. I hope that blessing comes quickly!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you are having a better day. Since we haven't done IVF, I can't imagine how stressful this time is. Just keep taking it easy! Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteYum! Lubys! :-)
ReplyDeleteI know that, while God's timing is often not our own, His timing is perfect timing :)
ReplyDeleteI can't say that I've done IVF, but I can say that you must be pretty strong emotionally to go on that journey. I had a long IF journey that didn't need IVF, but that would have been the next step. God's timing is always perfect, even if we can't see it now or know that time now. Hang in there and relax, let God work miracles in your body with the doctor's help.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Your faith is so strong and it will carry you through this difficult journey.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDelete*ICLW
Atta boy!! What a sweetie for taking such good care of you. I say don't feel bad at all...whatever you need to do, even if it seems crazy, do it!! You deserve to be pampered for a while.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this cycle! Hoping it's your time. So glad you'r DH is taking good care of you. Good luck recovering from your UTI! I hate those! Happy ICLW
ReplyDeleteI TOTALLY relate to your other post. You are not alone. Going through IVF is such a huge emotional investment. Once you get to that two week wait, all of a sudden you start to have that panic of "what if this doesn't work?"
ReplyDeleteOne day at a time, one day at a time. You are such a strong woman of God, Courtney. He WILL provide for these desires of your heart. He wants you to be happy. I believe that He will bless you and your husband with a child!! Never lose hope.
I will tell you what my dad told me the first time I went through IVF almost 3 years ago. I was crying to him saying "what am I going to do if this doesn't work?"
i'll never forget what he told me. He said "Sarah, you are looking at this as the last possible way to have a child. If IVf doesn't work, God can still perform a miracle and give you a baby naturally. Don't listen to the doctors that say there is only a one percent chance of that happening. God can work with one percent!!!"
So any time we have gone through another IVF cycle, I always remember that. I go into it with the attitude of "this how we are trying to conceive this month." But it doesn't mean after this, that we are going to still pray for God to give us one naturally. It takes the pressure off when you remember that GOD can totally (and has for SOOOO many women) still give you a child naturally if this doesn't work.
God will give you a baby Courtney! I'm still praying that it is this month...you deserve it. But, if for some reason he doesn't, don't lose hope! This won't be the end!
Love you!
Sarah
I totally agree Courtney! We don't need to see too many details, just that it'll happen. That's all I want to know too. Too bad it doesn't work that way. I do know that it works when you have complete faith and trust in God and He will provide. It might not be what we think is right, but it is what He KNOWS is right. I have you in my prayers! Good luck on the rest of the wait. I'm praying this is it for you!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Love ya~Michelle
LOVE that you rang the bell at Luby's!! That's what I would have had to do!! We continue to pray for a miracle!! Hang in there. Rest. Wait. Rest. Wait.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Only a few more days. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteLove you so much Court and am praying for you guys like crazy!!! I LOVE Luby's and think it's awesome you rang the bell! :)
ReplyDelete-Rob-