Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fertilization Report!

Ok, I'm so sorry that it took me so long to post this. I was crazy busy at work today and then we had our monthly women's event at church tonight so I just got home. I received a call from our nurse this morning about 8:30. She was on top of things! She told me that out of the 11 eggs they retrieved yesterday 10 were mature. Woohoo! From those 10 eggs we were able to get 5 fertilized embryos!! Considering the infertility issues that we have I'd say that a 50% fertilization rate isn't too shabby. :-)

The nurse told me that everyone is automatically given an appt for a day three transfer. So, Saturday morning we'll have to get up and go through the motions of preparing for transfer...full bladder and all. We'll get a call that morning sometime from the nurse to let us know if our embryos are doing well enough to make it to day 5 or if we need to move forward with the transfer that morning. We are hoping and praying for a transfer on Monday!!! So far, I feel like this cycle has gone better than the last two. Even though we had fewer eggs, they were almost all mature so that means that this protocol definitely produced better quality eggs. Even if this cycle ends up not working I know in my heart that we made the right decision by moving. I have no doubt that this clinic is where God wants us to be right now.

At 5:00 AM tomorrow I will be enduring my first ever PIO (progesterone in oil) shot. For those that don't know, this is a lovely intramuscular shot and the oil is really thick and yucky so you have to use one of the really big, awful looking needles to administer this shot in the tushy. I am NOT looking forward to this. I am so not a morning person and this just really is not the way I want to start my day, BUT if this gets us our miracle then bring it on! :-)

Thanks so much for all your thoughts, prayers and comments! They have truly warmed my heart today. :-) Keeping praying for our five little embryos! Grow little embryos grow!

14 comments:

  1. How very exciting. I am keeping you and the enbries in my prayers. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts lifted up for strong embryos for transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grow little embryos grow!!! I also had 5 this time around and 3 became blasts, hang in there, the wait is the worse I know. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! The PIO shots are a little intimidating, but I promise, they aren't that bad. Just remember your babies need it to grow strong. Here's what worked for me. Draw up medicine, warm in the bendy part of your leg behind the knee for as long as you need, ice area for a couple of minutes, clean spot, lean over edge of counter, inject. I also found it helpful for my husband to count down what was left. He would say 3/4 to go, 1/2 to go, 1/4 to go, 3, 2, 1. It takes way longer to type it out than it actually takes to get the meds. I know you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited for you!! I was thinking about you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whooohooo!! 5 little embabies! How exciting!!! Praying for all of you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yipee!! What an awesome fert report!! Congrats!! Good luck with PIO, I never had to do it but I imagine it's not too fun. Can't wait to hear about your transfer!! Come on day 5, come on day 5!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great stats, Courtney! I have every faith that some of these little fighters (if not all!) will make it to day 5!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY...for 5 little fertilized embryos! I don't know much about IVF, but if a day 5 transfer is better than a day 3 then I'll be praying that you get your Monday transfer. Keep thinking positive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting, congrats on 5!! Hoping everything goes great this weekend and they transfer well. OUCH on the PIO shot but you are so right, it gets you closer to the goal!! Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome news! Hopefully they are doing great and can make it to Monday. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome! I'm so excited for you for this cycle! And I LOVE that you are comfortable knowing that no matter what you are where God wants you. Hold on to that :) I felt the same way with 2 of my IVFs (both BFP, second one still sticking), so that's a really good sign at least!
    GOOD LUCK with the PIO, u-g-h. There are some things you can do to ease the suckiness. Ice the area a little before to numb it up. Warm up the needle by rolling it in your hands (palms) for a bit to warm up the oil. Use a heating pad afterwards on the inj. area, or get in a hot shower. Make sure to massage the area to spread the oil or it can clump up in a 'ball'. It's quite an ordeal but it helps.
    Is your DH doing it? Make sure you pinch the selected area of skin super tight before inserting the needle. Seems obvious, but even though my DH had been doing that for all the lupron and stims, he didn't the first PIO and I can't even tell you the pain! Good luck! Some people aren't even phased by the PIO. I hope you are one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you! Keeping you ALL in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete