Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ready to trigger!

My appointment went well this morning. I have about 12-14 good size follicles between both ovaries and there are several smaller ones on both sides that will hopefully start to catch up by Wednesday morning. Dr. M wanted to see if my hormone levels from my blood work today would allow me to hold off for one more day in an effort to give the smaller ones more time grow, but that was not the case. My estrogen level is over 4100 and my progesterone level is starting to creep up to 1 now so that means no more waiting. We are about to take the trigger shot in 15 minutes and then I'll go back tomorrow morning to check my blood work again to make sure that the trigger shot worked. Our egg retrieval is scheduled for 9:15AM Wednesday morning. Yay!!!

I'm nervous about the trigger shot because it's the first IM (intramuscular) shot I'll have to endure. That needle does NOT look nice! Yikes! Time to put my big girl pants on, though. No pain no gain, right? I got to see that same sweet woman in the lobby this morning. We're pretty much on the same schedule, except that her ER might have been pushed back to Thursday from Wednesday. She told me that she added us to their prayer list at church over the weekend and that their whole Sunday School class is now praying for us! How sweet is that!? So, I'm asking a huge favor from all of you who read my blog...PLEASE, PLEASE keep this sweet woman and her husband in your prayers. They SO deserve this after all they've been through and she is just such an amazing, sweet person. I'm so glad that God put us in the perfect place at the perfect time so that we could meet and pray for each other.

Keep your fingers, toes and anything else crossed for us this week and please keep the prayers coming!

**Update: We just did the trigger shot and it wasn't too bad. I definitely felt it more than the subcutaneous abdominal shots, but overall it wasn't AS bad as I thought it would be. :-) Thanks, Chris! True love...staying up until 10:45 pm on a work night to jab your wife in the tushy with a HUGE needle! You're the best!!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow!!! I am glad to hear the trigger shot was too bad! Prayers and thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keeping you all in my thoughts. so happy that the shot was not so bad, and that really is true love! keeping everything crossed for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my thoughts are with you my friend!! you can do it!! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many prayers for you and the other woman! Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!! Glad the trigger wasn't too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that your your trigger was a breeze. Will you be doing PIO?

    Our thoughts will be with you the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Trigger love from the hubs, nothing more romantic, is there?! Lots of prayers for you and for your new RE buddy. That's so amazingly sweet that she added you to their prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and looking forward to following your story. Good job Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you were blogging right before and after the trigger shot! Such dedication. Our trigger was at 1:30am (I think). That really stunk! Can't wait for the ER!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the trigger went well! Hopefully there is no next time! But if so, ask for Ovidrel- it's a subcu trigger :) GOOD LUCK with ER!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the trigger shot wasn't too bad. The first time I did my novarel shot I was shocked at how big the needle was, but it wasn't too bad. Will keep praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to hear your trigger shot wasn't too bad. Relax tonight! I can't wait to hear about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOOD LUCK tomorrow, Courtney! You are you ovaries are going to do an AWESOME job! =)

    ReplyDelete