Since Friday, Chris and I have been getting up at 5:00 AM for my PIO shots. This morning, however, my body decided to wake me up at 4:00 AM with a blazing UTI (urinary tract infection). Yuck! Stupid catheter! Thankfully I haven't had a UTI since college but let me just tell you they are not fun at all. I was so uncomfortable so I took my pillow, blanket and the laptop and I went and sat in the guest bathroom for 45 minutes. What else are you supposed to do when you feel like you have to pee every 10 minutes and your bladder is on fire? Our cat, Charlie, came to keep me company. He plopped himself down on the bathroom floor beside my feet and stayed in there with me the whole time. He's such a momma's boy! I called Dr. H's office this morning at 8:00 and they immediately called in an antibiotic for me. I was so glad that I didn't have to go in for a urinalysis first. Chris was home this morning so he was able to go pick up my prescription and get me some cranberry juice. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day either in bed or in the bathroom. Such fun!
So far bedrest has been ok, but I'm pretty restless. Two of the nurses on call on Saturday told me to eat lots of fresh pineapple because they truly believe it helps with implantation. Chris bought two pineapples for me on Saturday, cut them up and I have since eaten them both! It's a good thing I love fresh pineapple! Now, I don't know if there's any truth to this but it can't hurt. I would stand on my head for the next week if I was told that it would help. :-)
Tomorrow will be my last day at home and it might snow here. I hope so! Only 8 more days to go!









UTIs are not fun at all! I hope you feel better soon. Your cat sounds really sweet. Isn't great when they know you just need them to sit with you.
ReplyDeleteOh Courtney...so sorry about the UTI. They are the worst! I had never heard that about pineapple. Wish I had known that a week ago. Hope you are feeling much better soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you have a UTI! I have never had one but the way you describe it, it sounds like hell! I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteYAYAYAYAY...8 more days! Single digits now!
YUCK! I have had my share with UTI's and I know they are not fun! I feel so sorry for you. I know it's hard to relax when you get that "urge" every few minutes! Praying that the anitbiotics and cranberry juice kicks in quick and that the next 8 days also pass by quickly.
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! I hope you feel better soon and I didn't know about the pineapple!! I'll definitely get some the next time! Love, Fran
ReplyDeleteEwww...hope you feel better quickly!! I'd never heard of having your bladder emptied by catheter after a transfer, but I guess they wouldn't do it if they didn't think it would help. I was always terrified to pee after transfer. Can't wait to hear your results!!
ReplyDeleteoh dear, how the UTI clears up quickly. I know that they are absolutely miserable, especially on top of all the other things you have on your mind. Pineapple, huh? I've never heard that but if it increases your chances at all, I'd eat a whole one every day. And at least they are yummy. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeletefeel better! i used to get uti's once a month and they made me crazy, to say the least. they go away quicker (and stay away) if you don't wear underwear to bed bc your girl parts need to air out (sorry if tmi). i just wear loose boxers instead to bed now and have luckily avoided them for awhile. good luck!!
ReplyDeleteOh, yuck. I hope the antibiotics work fast! I guess the bright side is that at least you were home for a few days so you didn't have to suffer through the worst of the UTI at work.
ReplyDeleteI ate an entire pineapple in the 5 days after the IVF. I read that you need to eat the core too- but I didn't do that. I hope it really helps!
UTI's are miserable. There was a time in my life when I was quite prone to them...terrible, terrible, terrible. Glad to hear that you got the antibiotics quickly, and I swear by cranberry juice! Nature's cure for UTI's.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes on this cycle! You're PUPO!!
ouch hope it gets cleared up soon so your body can concentrate on implantation!
ReplyDelete