Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blah

That is how I felt today...blah. Yesterday was my last day home from work and I actually thought my UTI was getting better. Apparently my bladder had other plans for me. When I woke up this morning it was in full force again. I was actually in tears driving to work this morning because I was so uncomfortable from it. I made it through the whole day of work, though. Thankfully it eased up a little during the day before it made an appearance again late this afternoon. I didn't move from my chair at work today except to make about a hundred trips down the hall to the ladies room.

This morning I received a call from the embryology lab to let us know that we didn't end up having any embryos make it to freezing. I can't say that I was surprised, but I guess it was still a little disappointing. I'm getting to the point in this TWW where the excitement and hopefulness is starting to ware off. This happens everytime. Right after the ET I am full of hope and excitement but then all of that turns into doubt and a need to go into self-preservation mode. Afterall, this is our third IVF cycle. We know the pain and disappointment of a failed cycle all too well. When our last two cycles failed I knew that we would definitely try another cycle. This time I don't know what we'll do if it turns out to be another failure. I am trying really hard to just focus on taking it one day at a time and not thinking about all the "what ifs". It's just so hard, though. When I see other pregnant people and read about positive betas I can't help but think to myself, "will that ever be us" "will I ever get to experience pregnancy"? I don't know the answer to those questions and sometimes I just want to run away and not have to see pregnant women, or ultrasound photos or pregnancy announcements. Facebook has become my worst enemy lately. I really wish there was a filter sometimes, not because people don't have a right to share their joy and excitement, but because some days it's just too much for me to handle.

So, today was just a blah day. I will, however, put my big girl pants on and continue to be thankful for all the blessings that God has given us. I just hope he has a little miracle in store for us this time around.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney,

    Awesome playlist - I've never heard "While I'm Waiting" before...great song; gonna share it with my sister. Yeah, FB can be tough - i see new baby pics all the time...and all i think is that i don't have any more baby pics of Zavier to post.

    Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    Lanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Courtney, I feel for you so much. After my utterly disappointing ER, while still sitting on the trolley and in tears I was saying to Mike "I just cannot go through this again..." and then the cycle failed anyway. But now I know it's just in the odds, the hope that it may work the next time makes me hopeful once again. it's totally normal to have ups and downs in the 2ww, I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope that this will work for you. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney-I am praying for your miracle. Remember the verse right at the top of your blog. The Lord has amazing plans for you that are full of hope. I hope you are feeling better soon. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had such a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. Hoping and praying this cycle brings you the positive you are dreaming of.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for the rough day. Hope today goes better. Praying for a positive outcome this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney,

    I am so sorry that none were able to be frozen. It means nothing about the ones that were transfered to you though! We had none to freeze too. The wait after ET is ridiculously hard- hang in there.

    I'm also sorry you had such a crummy day- I hope today is better. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blah days stink! It really stinks that you have to deal with a UTI on top of all the anxiety that already comes from the TWW. You poor thing. I really hope the UTI clears up FAST. When is your beta again? Praying hard for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had a bad day Courtney! I love you and I'm praying for a miracle! God will only do the very best for you and Chris. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying this time is your time! Hope tomorrow is a better day! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how hard it is to balance hope and caution when you've been through so much. Wishing you all the best this cycle!

    ReplyDelete